Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Primo Launches REVIVE @ 5

User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

Primo Launches REVIVE @ 5

by Allison Williams » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks Robin for letting me post this, we are really excited about this promo.

REVIVE @ 5.
5 pm to close Monday thru Friday
Primo presents a new bar menu
$5 Spuntini (Italian Snacks)
$5 Dumante Cocktails
$5 Import Drafts
$5 Featured Wines by the Glass
Live Jazz w/ Carly Johnson @ 7pm every Thursday
sponsored by Dumante Verde Noce.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:41 pm

I was there last Thursday and my earlier post mentions that this is a huge thumbs up! I've heard nothing but great things from everyone who was there, from value to taste, to choices and atmosphere.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

I LOVE pizza at Primo. You will too.

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:16 pm

I dine at Primo about every other week. So far, I have been unable to force myself to eat anything other than their fantastic pizzas. I believe them to be the best in the Ville. They use the freshest ingredients and the wood burning oven gives the crust this most wonderful charred flavor. My favorite pizza is the Venezia. It comes with baby smoked shrimp, fresh spinach, garlic butter and parmesan. Until you taste it, you can't know how well the smoked shrimp goes with that wonderful char that's been imparted onto the crust. I am starting to salivate just thinking about it.

The ambience of Primo is something I should mention as well. It's very hip in an upscale manner and is also located in a neat but still growing area of East Market St. I'm not a real wine geek, but their selection is all Italian and well worth investigating. I feel that anyone who hasn't been there should give it a try and if you've been but haven't been back lately, it would be worth checking out again.

Here is a picture I stole from Robin. :wink:

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Allison Williams » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Thank You so much for the kind words and glad you love the pizza. I have to say you need to try the Toscana, mmmmmmmm one of my favorites! :D
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Primo.

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Allison Williams wrote:Thank You so much for the kind words and glad you love the pizza. I have to say you need to try the Toscana, mmmmmmmm one of my favorites! :D

I just looked up the Toscana on your website. Grilled wild mushrooms, pancetta, parmesan & fennel. That does sound very yummy.
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:19 pm

My wife and I had an excellent dinner there on Saturday night. I had wild mushroom ravioli and my wife had the halibut, and both dishes where excellent. We had good service, and a great ambiance in the place. I highly recommend this restaurant.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Primo.

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Todd Antz wrote:My wife and I had an excellent dinner there on Saturday night. I had wild mushroom ravioli and my wife had the halibut, and both dishes where excellent. We had good service, and a great ambiance in the place. I highly recommend this restaurant.

I think the next time I'm there I need to get wild about the wild mushroom dishes. Maybe the Toscana pizza to start and that wild mushroom ravioli you mentioned. I can never eat too many shrooms. Do they have wild mushroom wine...LOL? J/K.
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Allison Williams » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Todd Antz
My wife and I had an excellent dinner there on Saturday night. I had wild mushroom ravioli and my wife had the halibut, and both dishes where excellent. We had good service, and a great ambiance in the place. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Todd, I am so glad you came in. I am sorry I missed seeing you but am happy you had a chance to have a wonderful dinner with your wife. If you haven't talked to Tony Revak lately you need to check in with him... he's got alot happening over by the river during Thunder. :wink:

Congrats again on the Ratebeer.com rating, Keep it up! :D