Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving

no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Thanksgiving

by Carol C » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:22 pm

Carla, Wilder's has also constructed a drive-through window to facilitate carry out during these times. Check it out!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am

Ladyfingers has an extensive holiday menu - everything from individually boxed meals for large groups to individual thanksgiving meals. http://www.ladyfingersinc.com/ThemeMenus/menu/holiday-menus.php

Seems like lots of places are doing meals for 4-6, 6-8, and larger but was happy to see that you can order individual meals from Ladyfingers with just a minimum of 2. You can also order sides (including 1/4 pan size) or 'just' proteins.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 am

Adding Paul's Fruit Market to the list! Can order meals for as few as 2 or can build your own a la carte style. They also sell pies - yes, full pies, but also 1/4 and 1/2 pies. Very much appreciate that about them. Plus everything they make is delicious!

https://holidaydinners.paulsfruit.net
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Does anyone know of any places doing regular-menu carryout on Thanksgiving? I tried a few names on the list without success, struck out on yelp, and the same on some random places of interest. Thanks.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Silvio, it would be great, but in my recollection, places either open for a Thanksgiving feast, or the close for Thanksgiving. Possible exception of some Asian places, possibly? But if you're looking for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner on an a la carte basis, I dunno.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:30 pm

I was thinking the same and tried a few such places that are often open on 12/25, no luck. The Bristol isn't regular menu does have some dinner plans that are not strictly Thanksgiving fare, an option. The regular thing they are offering are green chili won tons, likely an effective enticement.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Their Thanksgiving Dinner menu looked like the real thing, but they won't be doing it indoors now, and it would be a challenging takeout.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/b9d111 ... 5792148663

But yes, this blurb at the end of the traditional dinner menu looked amusing ...

ADD ON
Bristol Green Chili Wontons
$8 for four $10.50 for six $12 for 8
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:03 am

Robin Garr wrote:ADD ON
Bristol Green Chili Wontons
$8 for four $10.50 for six $12 for 8

That is funny, because that should be a side dish option! Or just a main course! "Turkey, ham, fried chicken, or 25 green chili wontons?"
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:14 pm

I picked up my tray from Gourmet Provisions around lunch time today. It was excellent--enough turkey for at least two meals, and I think probably three meals worth of veggies! The mashed potatoes, corn pudding, and stuffing were particularly good. I was also really impressed with the slice of pumpkin pie. That's not one of my "go to" desserts, so that's saying something!
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am

To add to the successful Thanksgiving carryout stories, the $65 bundle from Payne Street Bakehouse was incredible. Turkey pot pie that we got six meals out of, disappearing mac and cheese, savory bagel stuffing that I wish I could get year-round, a brilliant pecan pie that was more pecans than karo syrup filling, and cranberry sauce that was both gelatin like and had real cranberries in it, so it was the best of both worlds even without can lines.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
Previous