Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanksgiving

by Nathaniel C » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:23 am

I can't remember whether there was a sticky post or not last year, but I thought I'd go ahead and throw this out there since we're a month out - does anyone know which restaurants are offering Thanksgiving options, particularly for takeout?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Thanksgiving

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:25 am

That's a very good question, Nathaniel. I'd been frankly assuming that Covid = no Thanksgiving feasts, but now that you bring it up, that would be a way for a smart restaurant operator/chef to build a profit center for a few days at least. Eager to see what you hear, and I'll nose around, too.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Nathaniel C » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Fork & Barrel:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2673964309585179/
Carryout in increments of 6 servings - looks like you pick up Wednesday night and they give you reheating instructions.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am

This is from another site; I make no claims for its authenticity or completeness, but looks pretty good. Most appear open on Thanksgiving, but some are only doing carry-out; that's likely to change if our conversion rate keeps on increasing.

Jucy’s Smokehouse
Bob Evans
Mission BBQ
Heitzman’s
Ruth’s Chris
Gracious Plenty
Home Cuisine (health food on Wallace)
Fresh Market & Whole Foods
Walker’s Exchange in Galt House
Four Pegs Beer Lounge
Bravo’s
Holy Smokes BBQ
Huber’s
Buca di Beppo
Smoked on Second
Kroger
Martins BBQ
Claudia Sanders
Bamba Eggroll Co (pickup only)
J Harrod’s
Bristol
Kansai Japanese
Mimi’s Café
Captain’s Quarters
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am

Wiltshire Pantry https://wiltshirepantry.com/shop/product-category/happenings/thanksgiving/

Anoosh Bistro https://www.anooshbistro.com/

Ada's Kitchen https://www.facebook.com/adaskitchenandcatering/

Butchertown Grocery Bakery https://butchertowngrocery.com/bakery/ (You have to act like you are placing an online order and then scroll all of the way down to see their Thanksgiving options)
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Varanese is making turduckins but you need to order early!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:24 pm

From Facebook:

NapaRiver Grill: This Thanksgiving, celebrate with our famous "Take Home" Thanksgiving Dinner and have more time around the table with your loved ones! Our signature meal serves 10 and makes it easy to heat & serve the perfect meal.

Orders must be placed by Friday, November 20th to be picked up by Wednesday, November 25th. Call 502-423-5822 to place your order now.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Nathaniel C » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:16 pm

Due to work schedules, it looks like I will be doing a solo Thanksgiving this year. I went through the list looking for some sort of traditional dinner for takeout and it looks like Bravo's has the smallest available portion (said to feed 3). I eat smaller than most restaurants' normal portions anyway and don't really care to buy a meal for 6-10 for myself and then eat nothing but leftovers for a week (or have to freeze them). If Mission BBQ is open, turkey is on their normal menu, so that's a possibility, as well.

I did also find Ruth's Chris' available options. Take-out packages are $165, said to serve four people. I have a ton of Ruth's Chris gift cards, and it would be tempting to spend a couple to buy this if we were in normal times.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:15 am

Wilder’s Cafe in Crestwood is offering a dinner for 4 for $65.
https://wilderscafe.com/
I’ve never eaten there but will likely try them now that I know where they are.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Add Mesh (dinners for 4) and Morton's to the list.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 pm

Gourmet Provisions is doing either a family meal OR a single plate Thanksgiving plate...
Plates: Roasted turkey breast, whipped potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, haricot vert, corn pudding, gravy, rolls, and Staggeringly Delicious pumpkin pie.
$29
Dinner: Feeds 6-8
22-24lb whole brined turkey, whipped potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, haricot vert, corn pudding, gravy, rolls, and Staggeringly Delicious pumpkin pie.
$200
Their Facebook page links to their order page. https://www.facebook.com/Gourmet-Provisions-106314641176682
https://gourmetprovisions.hrpos.heartland.us/menu
no avatar
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I was in Kingsley Meats today and was overhearing folks ordering their Thanksgiving meals so I took home the form they had at the register, by the time we got home My son and I had texted my Brother in law said we would order the meal from Kingsley he could take care of extra sides . So called Kingsley, no worry they even do curbside pick up. One less thing to deal with this year.
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:35 am

BevP wrote:I was in Kingsley Meats today and was overhearing folks ordering their Thanksgiving meals so I took home the form they had at the register, by the time we got home My son and I had texted my Brother in law said we would order the meal from Kingsley he could take care of extra sides . So called Kingsley, no worry they even do curbside pick up. One less thing to deal with this year.

My former workplace brought in Kingsley for Thanksgiving (the whole meal) and it was always the highlight of the year. They provided all the turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy, and everyone else brought in desserts and other side dishes. That's the thing I miss most about not working there anymore!
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Carla, We stopped in Wilder's one day this week for an early lunch and were very impressed. Bob had biscuits & gravy, plus an order of beignets, and I had a tuna salad sandwich. Everything was great! It is locally run-the son is the Chef and his Mother runs the front. Their menu is pretty extensive, especially the breakfast offerings. We are seriously thinking of getting their Thanksgiving dinner since I won't be having our usual 30+ gathering and there is no way to fix Thankgiving dinner two!!!
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Carol C wrote:Carla, We stopped in Wilder's one day this week for an early lunch and were very impressed. Bob had biscuits & gravy, plus an order of beignets, and I had a tuna salad sandwich. Everything was great! It is locally run-the son is the Chef and his Mother runs the front. Their menu is pretty extensive, especially the breakfast offerings. We are seriously thinking of getting their Thanksgiving dinner since I won't be having our usual 30+ gathering and there is no way to fix Thankgiving dinner two!!!

Thanks for the review Carol! So happy to hear about another good culinary showing in Crestwood. I can’t honestly say I have any kind of “restaurant rotation “ during this time but as soon as things safen up again I’ll be checking them out!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Next