Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bubble/Boba Tea

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Bubble/Boba Tea

by Terri Beam » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:14 pm

I thought I'd toss this question out to those who are fond of bubble/boba tea. I'm a relatively recent convert/addict now.

I started a while back with Kung Fu Tea at Mall St Matthews . I thought it was ok, but I think I just ordered the wrong thing. Then I tried ShareTea on Bardstown Road and liked it a lot.

Then a wonderland of treats called Fun Tea opened on Bardstown Road in the Highlands, and it was love at first drink/bite. The Bubble Puff Cake is one of the craziest food inventions I've ever seen. I normally order mine plain because it's perfect that way (and fewer calories). Our go to tea is Thai Pearl Milk tea now

So on to my question. I know there are other bubble/boba tea purveyors in Louisville (including one just north of Fun Tea, I believe) and maybe one in Logan Street Market and possibly some of the Asian restaurants offer it? Are there any other places that offer this in Louisville? Which is your favorite?
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Bubble/Boba Tea

by Robin F. » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 am

If you are in St. Matthews, I love the bubble tea at Nam Nam. The Taro is my favorite, with the green tea a close second. Also, great food.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:05 pm

There is a new place on Bardstown Road called Healthy and Delicious. It is in between the old Cafe Mimosa building and Za's. They do have bubble tea.

The big draw is their smoothies, which are the best in town, imo. At $8, competitive with chains like Smoothie King's meal smoothies, also comes with a free 9 oz. energy tea on the side. I've had a couple, each topped (and made) with real fruit. Bonus that it's a new local business. Extra bonus (to me) is that it is run by an immigrant couple from Latin America (also has some teas that are made inspired by their home). If their bubble tea is as good as their smoothies, you'll love it.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Vietnam Kitchen's bubble tea is delicious! I'll have to try Nam Nam's.