Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Maybe's Liberian Kitchen

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Maybe's Liberian Kitchen

by Kim H » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 am

Anyone familiar with them? I saw them on the list for 502 Black Eats Week and was intrigued. I could only find a FB page and an IG acct with only 3 posts, but the pics of the food look pretty tasty. They describe themselves as "Gourmet Liberian * American Fusion... in a bowl." Based on pictures dated prior to 9/6, I don't believe this bowl concept was always the case. Also, they appear to be a delivery or carryout concept, and only accept orders on M, W, & F. I have no idea where they're located. Just wondered if anyone had tried them out or knew more about them?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CExIYdolEEf ... a3lmdor2wj

https://www.facebook.com/maybesliberiankitchen/
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Maybe's Liberian Kitchen

by Leah S » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Their Fb pages says they are a private chef, catering and meal bowl delivery. Ghost kitchen ?
Last edited by Leah S on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:05 am

Leah S wrote:Their Fb pages ays they are a private chef, catering and meal bowl delivery. Ghost kitchen ?

It's rather mysterious, isn't it, Leah? I had searched this forum after seeing them on the Black Eats list, and found a post from 2009 that sounds like it could be the same people. Also Liberian with a very similar M.O. An excerpt from the 2009 post:
"Several downtown businesses got flyered today with menus from someplace called "Rice & Stuff Liberian Cuisine." Did anybody else get one of these?

We were puzzled by the lack of an address, then noticed it clearly says "delivery only" at the bottom of the menu."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6789&p=67342&hilit=Liberian#p67342

Not sure what to make of it.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:56 am

Went down this same rabbit hole trying to find them. Hope someone solves the mystery.