Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Annual Lenten Post ..... AKA Sumthing Fishy's Going On!

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:Fish Fry Events, Special Meatless Friday Fun Stuff?

Post 'em here if you got it.........

Here's a link to the entire, comprehensive list of Catholic parish fish fries in the Archdiocese of Louisville: (PDF format)

Parish fish fries 2008

I can't find a similar list for Southern Indiana, but as a starting point, this list gives information about all the parishes on the Sunny Side:

New Albany Deanery
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Annual Lenten Post ..... AKA Sumthing Fishy's Going On!

by Doogy R » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't know how many people on the board live out my way, but the Fincastle Deli on Murphy Lane (far East End) is having a fish fry every Thursday and Friday during Lent. I forget the exact prices, but a sandy is around 4 bucks or so and a dinner is 6 or so. I talked to the cook and he uses only COD. He breads it in a crackermeal coating and fries it up fresh.

I have no connection with this place, other than I love good fried fish and they do it right.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Went to St. Stephens Fish Fry last night and the baked fish was pretty good plus we won 2 cakes! My daughter goes to public school but a bunch of my friends and family members go Catholic--going to Holy Trinity next week. My brother is usually frying the fish at St. Margaret Mary so that one will be soon...so basically Ava and I go fish fry hopping most Friday's during Lent.
no avatar
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

by Andrea E » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:35 pm

I just had to pop in to mention that I had the best fish sandwich of my life yesterday (and that's a lot of fish sandwiches). We had lunch at Norma Jean's Trackside and it's their Cod Fish sandwich. Very simple, just an impeccably breaded and fried piece of thick cod on really fresh unseeded rye, with good tartar, lettuce and tomato. Their fries are hand-cut and wonderful as well. I'm having dreams about it. If you love fried fish, get one of these sandwiches ASAP!
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:30 pm

I wish some of the summer fish fry locations (I'm talking schools and churches) would add rolled oysters to their menu. :cry:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:50 pm

carla griffin wrote:I wish some of the summer fish fry locations (I'm talking schools and churches) would add rolled oysters to their menu. :cry:

They will need to get with Mazzoni's to teach them.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:53 pm

You bet and that wouldn't be such a bad thing either! Seems like the New Albany Knights of Columbus hall had some killer ROs at last years fall festival as well.
Nummy!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
Previous