Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fun Food Kitchen

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Fun Food Kitchen

by Carla G » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Driving home I was enticed by a woody smoker in the parking lot of the liquor store on Murphy Ln just down from Westport Rd. There was a food truck there but it actually serviced a small store front next to the liquor store. Inside was just a counter with a short hot table and counter top, register. No tables or chairs, the bare minimum. The sign outside asked people to call ahead but I went in, apologizing for not calling ahead . The masked woman behind the counter said no problem, what would I like?
Ribs?
“Yes sure!” “3 for $5.99 or a dinner that included 2 sides for $8.99.”
I ordered just 3 ribs and reasoned they must be beef since they were only 3 in an order. Still, that price was so good. Got them home and it was 3 pork ribs but my goodness they were the biggest pork ribs I’d ever seen! Darn near the size of beef ribs and so meaty. Wow, easily the best ribs I’ve ever had. Ever. They each had a real dark, crisp skin and some sort of wonderfully seasoned rub.
I’ll return again. They also offer chicken, cod, catfish, brats, burgers, wings.
Fun Food Kitchen
502-329-2266 and on FaceBook
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Fun Food Kitchen

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks for the great sounding find! Definitely sounds like a place to check out.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up Carla!!! Sounds like a great find in our neck of the woods-can't wait to give them a try :D !
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm

This guy's food is incredible. My wife used to go to the doctor out that way, so whenever she'd go in for a check-up, she'd stop and pick up some food for lunch and it's top notch every time. The catfish is great, the slaw is great, the rib tips are great, the burnt ends are killer...
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg