Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Ainsworth

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

The Ainsworth

by Nathaniel C » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Saw signs for The Ainsworth in the old BBC / Sullivan's location on Shelbyville Road next to Drake's and Mojito in Havana. Appears to be an NYC-based chain. The combination of "upscale" and "sports bar" may not play well here, but the mac and cheese burger looks pretty good.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Ainsworth

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Thanks for the report, Nathaniel! I'm sure it will be worth checking out at least once, but I do miss BBC.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Nathaniel C » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:25 pm

I think they were still open for Burger Week a few months ago, but appears to be permanently closed now (and no longer listed on the corporate website). I never went, mainly because I heard very poor reviews from friends who did go.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm

So your observation "The combination of "upscale" and "sports bar" may not play well here" looks like it was on target. :twisted: Of course, to be fair, the pandemic and the labor and supply-chain issues are rough on everyone.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Nathaniel C » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:47 am

That's a fair assessment, although I definitely think there was a very large element of poor execution on their part.