Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Indian Restaurant on Bardstown

no avatar
User

Ricki Jones

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:28 pm

louisville

New Indian Restaurant on Bardstown

by Ricki Jones » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:22 am

Hi Friends,

Yesterday me and my friend went Sitar Indian restaurant for dinner. As soon as we entered we felt some sort of stink. though the interior was OK, the carpet was looking so dirty. Any way we took our seats and ordered aloogobi (potato and cauliflower), and tandoori chicken with some Naan.
To, much of our disappointment the aloogobi was too much oily. Tandoori Chicken was not fully cooked. We did not even dare to finish half of it. Naan were OK but not any ware near to quality of Shalimar or Kashmir.
We had ordered for hot spices but what we got was even below medium.
Washrooms were in mess.
I dont know how they going to compete with Shalimar, India Palace and Kashmir??
Overall I can say that, for all those who like me, want to try new restaurants, it will be a big disappointment.
[/quote]
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:34 am

Is it fair to say that you would recommend the Indian restaurant that you own on Bardstown road as better alternative? :lol:
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:44 am

Ron Johnson wrote:Is it fair to say that you would recommend the Indian restaurant that you own on Bardstown road as better alternative? :lol:

Don't know who, but that post was a mess. Teacher of what?, not English, I hope. Profile shows "teacher".
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New Indian Restaurant on Bardstown

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:53 am

Ricki Jones wrote:Overall I can say that, for all those who like me, want to try new restaurants, it will be a big disappointment.

Ricki, you certainly have a right to express your opinion about a restaurant here, even a negative report.

Your experience seems substantially different from a number of us here, though. I ate lunch there yesterday, and my experience was significantly better. It's amazing, for example, how a clean, new rug could have become so dirty in just a few hours.

Do you, as Ron suggests, have a conflict of interest here? If not, fine, but if you do, then it is only fair to disclose that.
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:47 am

The place was spotless when I was there, and the food was excellent.
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

scary

by amy lyons » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:53 am

Robin - I feel awful that the post remains slamming this new restaurant without any response from him/her to your inquiry. Especially since all the other reviews seem to contradict.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: scary

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:55 am

amy lyons wrote:Robin - I feel awful that the post remains slamming this new restaurant without any response from him/her to your inquiry. Especially since all the other reviews seem to contradict.

I think the situation is becoming pretty clear, Amy. ;)

I can't delete the post, though. Starting to censor posts because they rip a place would set an awful precedent. But I think anyone who reads this thread will be able to evaluate it.

I do hope Ricki comes back and answers our questions.
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:58 am

Something certainly does stink around here, but I don't think it has anything to do with Sitar. :wink:
no avatar
User

John W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:30 am

Highlands

LouLunch review

by John W » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 pm

I hope to go there tomorrow and write up a review. Looking forward to it!
LouisvilleBeer.com
Louisville's Online Craft Beer Desination.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:53 pm

I went to Sitar today with friends for lunch and it was great! Hey I can't pronounce anything I ate, but the flavor was fantastic. I prefer my food a bit spicer, the waiter offer to spice it up for me, but I told him it was fine. We all had the $6.99 buffet to try some different items and we were pleased with everything. I tried a spicy chicken dish (chinese influenced), some curried goat, vegetable rice, a dish prepared with spinach and cheese and of course potatoes and eggplant.
The service was great as was the service. I talked with Rick, the owner about the style of Indian cuisine. Rick says that they serve Northern Indian food with a bit of Chinese influence. It works for me! I love the complex flavor combinations. For $6.99 you can't beat it. Both of my guests had never tried Indian food before and they loved it.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Sally M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Sitar dining experience

by Sally M » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:56 pm

I ate there last evening around 6 pm. I definitely noticed a smell I did not like that permeated the space. It seemed as though the steam table was still being heated, though the foods had long since been removed. Doubt that sterno (or whatever) was really the source of the odor, but that's the best I could come up with last night. Eventually, I got used to it, and when the food came, I'd already forgotten the odor.

Food was pretty good; I'd go back. Though, it was tame and I had ordered hot. Not indian-hot, I chickened out of asking for that.

An Indian crowd came in right behind us, at least 25-30 diners, so service can only be rated with that in mind. Several of our requests weren't answered, but I think it was because they were slammed.

I'm going again, and I'm just going to be a bit more assertive in getting what I request this time.