Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Duck Donuts

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Duck Donuts

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks, Jeff. That's a great taste test. Glad to see Clifton generally fared well.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:37 am

I was going to post about King Donuts as well!! I particularly enjoy their apple filling. They opened just in time too, since Heitzmann's seems to be going downhill-- their donuts tasted uncooked and doughy. The Mexican bakery beside El Mariachi is good for something different-- not as sweet as your average donuts, but nice for a change. And, obviously it isn't a donut, but their flan is delicious-- my parents bought a huge one for their anniversary this summer.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:13 am

MarieP wrote:The Mexican bakery beside El Mariachi

In a way churros are like donuts, Marie! :) I love that whole strip along there - about five Mexican shops, I believe, and I rater El Mariachi right up at the top for local taquerias.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:42 pm

I know this topic is about doughnuts, but there’s a specific pastry you can get at some of the Mexican pastelerias that I recently found out about called a cubilete de queso that i think is fantastic. Sort of a cream cheese version of the famous Portuguese pastel de nata you find in places like Lisbon and Macau.

Anyway if you find any, I highly recommend them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
MarieP wrote:The Mexican bakery beside El Mariachi

In a way churros are like donuts, Marie! :) I love that whole strip along there - about five Mexican shops, I believe, and I rater El Mariachi right up at the top for local taquerias.

[insert two thumbs-up emojis here...lol]

Iggy C wrote:I know this topic is about doughnuts, but there’s a specific pastry you can get at some of the Mexican pastelerias that I recently found out about called a cubilete de queso that i think is fantastic. Sort of a cream cheese version of the famous Portuguese pastel de nata you find in places like Lisbon and Macau.

Anyway if you find any, I highly recommend them.

That looks delicious!!!
Previous