Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Louisville Burger Week 2020

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Louisville Burger Week 2020

by Mark R. » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Since it hasn't been posted yet I thought I'd post a link to the website for it:
https://louisvilleburgerweek.com/#restaurants
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Louisville Burger Week 2020

by SilvioM » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:16 pm

29 participants -- seems like a longer list this year. I'd like to try a few though I've not been to most of these places, at least for burgers. Any recommendations?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:11 am

I'm sure they'll all be passable, Silvio, but that's a little bit offbeat list, with a lot of places that aren't primarily known for burgers, but some gaps for places that are famous for burgers. From the current list, Bambi Bar and Checks are absolutely top rated for bar-style burgers, and 80/20 at Kaelin's for a more upscale version. I'll be interested to see what others say.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:15 pm

The one from Wild Eggs sounds interesting and one I certainly will try.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:41 pm

What a nicely done website!

Foko’s looks very interesting. It looks like it’s smashed and crispy.
no avatar
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:30 pm

We ordered the offering from Mark’s, which isn’t exactly known for their burgers, and it was fantastic! Huge burger, cooked perfectly med rare, lots of melty cheese, pickles, onion straws and their barbecue ranch. $6 with no sides. It’s a deal! Get this burger!

We were going to order from Kaelin’s 80/20 but they don’t do their burger to go. Folks have to dine in. During a pandemic. When cases are spiking. SMH.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm

I also had a frustrating experience with Burger Week. Yesterday I thought I’d give some new spot I’ve never tried before a shot. Found a place that had a good-looking burger that was reasonably close by. Called 8 times between 11:45 and 12:15 with no answer, despite the fact that their hours on both their website and Burger Week’s say they’re open for lunch at 11 on Thursdays. Gave up.

Tried again today with a different place. Was told they’re only open for dinner, despite lunch hours again being listed on both the Burger Week site and their own site. So I tried the first place again — and again got no answer.

It’s not a huge deal, but I definitely got the impression that those restaurants’ commitment to Burger Week as a chance to showcase their food is low.