Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

BurgerIM fights off challenges to bring the burgers

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 am

BurgerIM fights off challenges to bring the burgers

BurgerIM's lamb burger in a lettuce wrap and an Angus beef burger offered a mix-and-match experience.

If you’ve been wondering about the odd name of that new gourmet-style hamburger joint in the Vogue Center, wonder no longer: The Hebrew plural ending “-im” on the English word “Burger,” yields “BurgerIM,” a crafty way to make a common word a trademark.

We brought home a bunch of burgerim, er, burgers, the other day and found them estimable, particularly considering the double whammy that the franchise owners have had to face during their first months in business.

First, while the husband-and-wife team of Veronica Michel and Nirmal Raj were busy converting the former The Artist in You shop to fit the restaurant, the four-year-old parent corporation, California-based Burgerim Group USA, collapsed.

“Burgerim was once one of the hottest, fastest-growing brands in the U.S.,” the industry journal Restaurant Business reported January 20. “Then its founder left the country, leaving behind a wreckage of unpaid workers, bankrupt franchisees and others struggling to make it work.”

Ouch.

Still, like other individual franchisees around the country, Nirmal and Michel persevered. They got everything done, and scheduled their grand opening for March, just days before the pandemic locked down the state’s restaurants.

“Yes, we did open BurgerIM in Louisville the week before the pandemic hit,” Veronica Michel told the HotBytes Forum. “The corporate had their own mishaps. While they are fixing their act, we are doing everything we can to make it right within Louisville. We have received overwhelming support from the community and are very grateful for that.” Add my voice to that chorus of support. ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/burge ... gs-burgers

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly's Food & Drink section today.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/

BurgerIM
3733 Lexington Road
The Vogue Center
901-1101
http://burgerimlouisvilleky.com
https://facebook.com/BurgerimLouisvilleKY
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: BurgerIM fights off challenges to bring the burgers

by Carla G » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 am

Those onion rings look to be worth the trip in from Oldham Co!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Carla G wrote:Those onion rings look to be worth the trip in from Oldham Co!

Panko!
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Carla G wrote:Those onion rings look to be worth the trip in from Oldham Co!

They're incredible.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:19 pm

I went last night, had two 3 oz. samplers of the Dry Aged BBQ and the Spanish. Planned on getting the latter only, glad I didn't as the BBQ one was much better, though both were good. Fries were fine, but bland -- will get the rings next time. Thanks for the tip!

For those who don't want to dine in and (like me) think burgers are not good carryout food, they do have spaced outdoor seating, which they may or may not share with Coals. Mostly empty inside on Weds., but the outdoor was doing well. Good temperatures coming up for outdoor dining, so I wanted to pass that along.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:45 am

I'd like to try this place, but Google says the wait times are often very long. Can anyone comment on their experience?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Nathaniel, I can’t speak to walk-up ordering, but we did a phone order for curbside pickup, and they ran it out as soon as I got there and called in.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Nathaniel, I can’t speak to walk-up ordering, but we did a phone order for curbside pickup, and they ran it out as soon as I got there and called in.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Nathaniel, I can’t speak to walk-up ordering, but we did a phone order for curbside pickup, and they ran it out as soon as I got there and called in.

Concur with Robin. The four (4) times we have ordered curbside there has been no wait. The Spanish Burger is outstanding!
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks! Google is saying an hour and 30 minute wait during prime lunch/dinner times and thirty minutes to an hour at most other times. I think Google is just off on this one.

I tried to order a Travis Scott burger at McD's tonight, and they gave me a regular Quarter Pounder with cheese. :oops:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:25 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:I tried to order a Travis Scott burger at McD's tonight, and they gave me a regular Quarter Pounder with cheese. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:02 am

I've been three times at lunch; masked up to order at the counter then sat on the patio. Never had to wait more than 10 min for my food, and it's all been quite tasty.
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:26 am

We finally made it to Burgerim on Monday night and it was AWESOME!!!! I had the Dry-Aged burger (bacon, BBQ sauce, onion ring & cheddar), hubby had the Breakfast burger (fried egg, bacon, cheddar, onion & maple aioli), and kiddo had an Agnus burger w/ cheddar. The sides were equally as good. Hubby had the garlic aioli fries - creamy and flavorful. Kiddo and I LOVED our onion rings - beautifully golden, crunchy and not greasy. Service was wonderful - everyone was masked and very friendly. We saw tables being thoroughly wiped down after each group left. We ate out in the patio area and enjoyed every minute! Hopefully they can use heaters on the patio as it gets cooler, as it is a nice little space.