Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

RYE - closing for good

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

RYE - closing for good

by JustinHammond » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 am

One of my favorites.

From Facebook.

Thank you Louisville. Thank you for the eight and a half years of support. Thank you for the raucous back porch nights, and the cozy winter meals. Thank you to our cooks, servers, porters, management, and bartenders; every one of you put your own stamp on this place with your creativity, vibrant personailty, and diligent work ethic. Thank to our farmers, for the care you put into raising the best produce and meats in the region, it made our job a hell of a lot more fun.

When we first opened our doors, our goal was to foster a community through food and drink. We put an emphasis on family style dining, creative cocktails, and never sacrificing on quality. We are proud of the work that we have done and the community that we have grown into. That community that supported us from the First Friday Trolly Hops to the Louisville Cocktail Competition; the specialty dinners to the lunch pop ups - and to that first bite of a Sally Lunn roll to start a meal.

Thank you Louisville for embracing us, pushing us, and growing with us.

We will have one last service this Saturday, July 25th. Reservations recommended. Stay tuned for details on one last bar sale.

With love,
-Rye
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: RYE - closing for good

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:51 am

Noooooo!

But I'm afraid this is not the end. :(
no avatar
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am

I’m saddened by Rye’s closing announcement because it was a favorite destination when visiting Louisville. We always had fun dining there and I need to share a story about a chance encounter.

We were seated next to Jerry Abramson, an acquaintance of my dining companion and we struck up a conversation. If you recall, his unofficial title was “mayor for life”. After introductions, I mentioned my pleasant surprise that he was still here. He asked why and I replied, since he was no longer mayor I assumed he had passed away. (imagine a rimshot)
R.I.P. Rye. We’ll miss ya.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 am

From the bar managers Instagram.

in.kelseys.world
Thank you to everyone that came out on Saturday to support us and remember and celebrate Rye.
I can't say enough about the team I got to be a part of and the people I had the pleasure to be around every single day. I am so grateful to have been and to always be a part of this family.
For those we haven't been able to tell, Zach and I are leaving Louisville next month to join the Blackberry Farm team to reopen the High Hampton resort in North Carolina. Louisville has been such a part of who I am and how I identify, that leaving is really difficult. I love this city and everyone that makes this place so special. Thank you for making a space for me here to grow and flourish.
That being said, I'm excited for this new adventure and I hope everyone comes to visit us. Thank you again for all the support and love. It's not goodbye, I promise.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/