Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

bar Vetti lands in its new space

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

bar Vetti lands in its new space

Bearing the red, white, and green colors of the Italian flag, bar Vetti's excellent Margherita pizza is a good rendition of the Neapolitan tradition.\

I hate moving. I can’t imagine that anybody would really like the sorting, culling, boxing, shifting, trucking and heavy lifting that comes with a move. Now imagine moving during a pandemic, with masks and serious social distancing in a play, and you’ll have some idea what it must have been like for bar Vetti last month.

bar Vetti, a casually stylish Italian-theme restaurant, opened in a corner of the main floor of the turquoise landmark 800 building in October 2017. It drew instant acclaim, and almost immediately became a victim of its own success: With only room for 50 diners in its tiny room, with a short bar filling a fair chunk of that, it had little room for the hungry crowds that came rushing in, and no place to grow.

So executive chef and partner Andrew McCabe's announcement seemed almost inevitable when he revealed last January that bar Vetti was heading for a new space in the AC Hotel by Marriott Louisville Downtown in NuLu. The move not only nearly doubles the restaurant’s space from 1,700 to 3,300 square feet, but also moves it from an attractive but slightly off-the-beaten-path location south of Broadway to one of the city’s hottest dining and entertainment zones.

The arrival of the pandemic a couple of months later couldn’t have helped. Nevertheless, bar Vetti persisted, hitting its late-spring target with a the new quarters. It stayed open at the 800 Building until June 2, then closed briefly for a quick physical move, opening in NuLu for carryout and curbside service on June 10.

I love bar Vetti and couldn’t wait to try it again. I certainly didn’t expect its casual regional Italian style to change, but one excuse is as good as another, right? It’s open only for curbside pickup right now (Wednesdays through Saturdays from 4-9 p.m.). That suits me while this pandemic continues, so I quickly found my way to its online ordering page. (I may have been one of the last to get this service, as  bar Vetti has briefly suspended carryout and online ordering while it prepares to open the dining room with a new menu. Watch for online ordering to return with an expanded bill of fare next week.) ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/bar-vetti-lands

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly's Food & Drink section today.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/

bar Vetti
AC Hotel
727 E. Market St.
883-3331
http://barvetti.com
https://facebook.com/barvetti
https://instagram.com/barvetti
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

Re: bar Vetti lands in its new space

by Dan E » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 pm

I thoroughly enjoy the fare at Bar Vetti, but am a little put off by the maskless server, especially given what i've heard recently about COVID spread from my friends in the industry.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Dan E wrote:I thoroughly enjoy the fare at Bar Vetti, but am a little put off by the maskless server, especially given what i've heard recently about COVID spread from my friends in the industry.

I got a private email about that. It was a careless oversight and isn't likely to be repeated. I really wouldn't worry too much.
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:56 am

Thanks for that, Robin. I commented specifically because they were on our to-do carry-out list, and now I will add them back. I've always thoroughly enjoyed their pizza/pasta/caeser, and am intrigued by their sandwiches.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:50 am

Dan, it's one of my favorites too, and I'm looking forward to seeing what stays and what's new on the updated menu. Do bear in mind that they've temporarily suspended call-in orders while they set up for in-house dining, but everything should roll back to normal by the middle of next week.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Dan E wrote:I thoroughly enjoy the fare at Bar Vetti, but am a little put off by the maskless server, especially given what i've heard recently about COVID spread from my friends in the industry.

I got a private email about that. It was a careless oversight and isn't likely to be repeated. I really wouldn't worry too much.

Robin, in this new world we live in it's one strike and you're out for me. Nobody gets a second chance...even a place that I really like.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:42 am

I can't go that far, Mike. If you must, you must, but I think that's harsh. "Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone." ;)