Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

SOU

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

SOU

by Robin F. » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:36 am

Does anyone know anything about the status of SOU? They had a facebook post on 5/31 saying they were closing for maintenance issues, but no updates. Great food, odd atmosphere in an old Skyline Chili.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: SOU

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 am

No! I thought they had a good solution with a tent, but maybe the arrival of really hot weather made that problematic?
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:18 am

I went by near mid-May after doing some power washing at the restaurant (can't remember exactly when, just that it was before the re-openings). Chef Moran said they'd be doing some work on a proper patio soon. I was heartbroken to see that it meant closing temporarily.

He'd mentioned that business had been steady throughout the shutdown, so shout out to anyone helping keep the best place in town open.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 am

That was fast. Never got to go and it was on my very short list.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am

Just saw on FB that they are changing the name to CASK Southern Kitchen & Bar. It says under new ownership. So, I wonder if the chef stayed? Too bad, great food.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Robin F. wrote:Just saw on FB that they are changing the name to CASK Southern Kitchen & Bar. It says under new ownership. So, I wonder if the chef stayed? Too bad, great food.

I was wondering the same thing. It was clearly chef-driven. If Chef James Moran is not there, it will be different.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:30 am

I'm glad to see they are changing the name. "SOU" was a clunker name in my view that probably didn't go over too well with the youth sports families residing in the nearby hotels looking for a place to eat in the evening. The proposed new name seems to be more practical in the land of IHOP, Bob Evans, Olive Garden, etc.
James J. Natsis