Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

We support a black-owned business with a great meal at LuCre

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:07 pm

We support black-owned business with great fare at LuCretia's

A filling meal from LuCretia's is tightly packed into a plastic foam box.

Support Black-owned restaurants, and other Black-owned businesses, too! You’ve heard me yell this for quite a while. Every time I head west of Ninth Street for a good meal and a friendly welcome, I urge you to do the same. Erasing that imaginary, unnecessary wall that cuts off Louisville’s West End from the rest of Louisville is the important and right thing to do.

This was true when I wrote it about Roof Top Grill and Galan’s and Irma Dee’s and Big Momma’s Soul Kitchen and more. It’s more important than ever right now, as crowds fill the streets shouting the names of Breonna Taylor and David McAtee and, across the nation, George Floyd and many more African-American victims of police encounters gone murderously wrong.

Some march and chant and go face to face with warrior police. The rest of us ought to do something at least, not just to stand against policy brutality against African-Americans but to stand against systemic racism. One very good way to start is by heading for a Black-owned business, or several, and giving them our attention, our money, and our friendly smiles, valuing them as brothers and sisters who need our support right now because #BlackLivesMatter.

Pick one, go, get some food, make a friend, enjoy! There’s plenty of choice right here in Louisville. You’ll find our local directory of nearly 90 Black-owned restaurants all over the city at the end of this page. Take your money, make your choice, or just follow in my footsteps to LuCretia’s Kitchen, a soul-food eatery with roots in the West End’s African-American barbecue heritage.

LuCretia’s Kitchen opened three years ago in the kitchen incubator building just west of Eighteenth Street on Muhammad Ali, but owner Lucretia Thompson’s love affair with cooking goes back a lot farther, to helping her family prepare vegetables and cook the barbecue sauce that they called Liquid Gold for her grandfather’s Thompson’s BBQ, a landmark at 15th Street and Broadway.

The restaurant is gone now, but LuCretia’s Kitchen is gaining popularity, and justly so: Our takeout meal ordered from there last week was as good as soul food gets, showing care and skill in the preparation of every bite. And you’ll be happy to know that they still make the Liquid Gold sauce. ...

Read the complete article on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/black ... -lucretias

LuCretia's Kitchen
1812 W Muhammad Ali Blvd.
294-8143
https://facebook.com/LucretiasKitchen
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am