Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Restaurants may seat 50% starting June 22; bars open June 29

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:08 am

Hey, I missed this yesterday afternoon but just now caught the report on WDRB-41.

Kentucky restaurants and retailers can operate at 50% capacity one month after they reopened at 33% capacity, according to Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear.

Kentucky restaurants were allowed to reopen at 33% indoor capacity on May 22 as part of the second phase of easing COVID-19 restrictions. Restaurants could reopen with unlimited outdoor seating if there was enough space to ensure social distancing. Kentucky bars will be allowed to reopen June 29, which coincides with restrictions being lifted on gatherings of up to 50 people.

Full report:
https://www.wdrb.com/news/gov-beshear-a ... 81184.html
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Restaurants may seat 50% starting June 22; bars open Jun

by Leah S » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:00 am

This is confusing and I've been reading posts on Fb that indicate others are confused also. So, if a restaurant chose not to reopen at 33% because who can make a profit at that reduced headcount, can they just open at 50% on June 22? OR, does the restaurant have to have 30 days of experience at 33% under their belt before they can move to 50%? I read an explanation that said if a restaurant had not opened until June 1 at 33%, then they couldn't move up to 50% until July 1 - indicating that everyone has to suffer the 33% plateau first. And how could this be enforced? Did restaurants have to prove they opened at 33% on a certain date?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Leah, as I understand it, it's honor system as long as you don't have a random health inspector visit, but the health inspectors are moving around and looking for violations, not because they're mean but because it's important.
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

by Stacy Roof » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 am

Any restaurant can open dining rooms at 50% on June 22. The Governor's original wording was confusing, and the Courier Journal reported that they couldn't go to 50% unless they had done 33% for a month. The Governor clarified his statement at the next press conference.
Stacy Roof