Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Norton Commons Pizza

no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Norton Commons Pizza

by TP Lowe » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Per Business First:

Old School NY Pizza is adding a location at 10600 Meeting St. in Norton Commons, indicating that Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza — which currently occupies that location — has recently closed.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Norton Commons Pizza

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:37 pm

I really like Old School NY Pizza. I'd love a branch closer to town, though.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I really like Old School NY Pizza. I'd love a branch closer to town, though.

Passports aren't that expensive Robin, besides it's good for you to get out of the country once in a while! :lol:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Yeah yeah yeah. But Norton Commons is a whole nuther thing. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:35 pm

Hate to see Brusco's go. It was one of a dwindling number of pizza sellers offering anchovies.

Anybody out there know of other places in the Greater Metro area where an anchovy pizza can be found?
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:08 am

Jeffrey D. wrote:Hate to see Brusco's go. It was one of a dwindling number of pizza sellers offering anchovies.

Anybody out there know of other places in the Greater Metro area where an anchovy pizza can be found?

Okay, this is fascinating. I just riffled through a bunch of pizzeria websites, and nobody seems to include anchovies any more. I have no idea why they dropped off all the menus.
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:12 am

TP Lowe wrote:Per Business First: Old School NY Pizza is adding a location at 10600 Meeting St. in Norton Commons, indicating that Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza — which currently occupies that location — has recently closed.

Brusco's had been for sale for a while. I know the BizFirst bunch use the commercial site I do to track these things, so it's curious they didn't mention that.

Jeffrey D. wrote:Anybody out there know of other places in the Greater Metro area where an anchovy pizza can be found?

I'd look for places serving Caesar salads. If they make their dressing in house, they'd have some handy. Alternatively, since anchovies are traditionally added after baking, you could always smuggle in a jar of your own. Ortiz brand are great, not too salty to drown out the umami.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:50 pm

The growth in Norton Commons has been relentless. Neither the recession nor the coronavirus managed to slow the construction wave. For those who haven't been out there in a longtime, a quick run through the development will astonish the unsuspecting onlooker. One would guess that the per capita disposable income out that way makes it quite appealing to many potential higher end food and beverage businesses.

I stopped at Ny Style Pizza probably 4-5 times the past few months to grab a pizza for the family. Its good stuff. They also run the philly steak sandwich place in the facing plaza next to Kroger. That area is also high growth. The Mercedes dealership, Galen Nursing, and many nice new apartments and other stuff have cropped up in the past few years.

I'd like to see them move further inward as well. But its hard to blame them for following the demographic growth and the dinero that goes with it.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 pm

James Natsis wrote:I'd like to see them move further inward as well. But its hard to blame them for following the demographic growth and the dinero that goes with it.

I don't want to be the guy with the little raincloud over his head, but a lot of the gamblers who are developing on the hope of making it back next year had better keep a keen eye on the Covid-19 economy. :(
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeffrey D. wrote:Hate to see Brusco's go. It was one of a dwindling number of pizza sellers offering anchovies.

Okay, this is fascinating. I just riffled through a bunch of pizzeria websites, and nobody seems to include anchovies any more. I have no idea why they dropped off all the menus.

I stand to be corrected. Ran with Robin's idea and found these potential anchovy purveyors (assuming their web sites to be accurate):

Za’s
DiOrios
Bearno’s
BoomBozz
Angilo’s
Jet’s
Pizza Donisi
Iroquois Pizza
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks for digging deeper, Jeffrey! I checked a half-dozen, but you went beyond, and anchovy-lovers everywhere salute you. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for digging deeper, Jeffrey! I checked a half-dozen, but you went beyond, and anchovy-lovers everywhere salute you. :mrgreen:

One should also mention the worlds finest .... Papa Johns .... as anchovies.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Hometown Pizza also lists anchovies as an option. There are locations all over the metro. I don't eat anchovies, but I've found their pizzas, especially the bacon cheeseburger, to be pretty tasty.