Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

POLLO Food Truck going B&M

no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

POLLO Food Truck going B&M

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:20 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... ncept.html

I won't post the whole article because I want to respect the paywall, but here's most of the relevant info. Opens July 19th. I wish them luck with that seemingly unlucky location.

The owners behind a longstanding food truck operation have big plans to grow the concept, beginning with a new restaurant in Louisville's Clifton neighborhood.

Restaurateurs Troy King and Selena Johnson have owned and operated POLLO – A Gourmet Chicken Joint since 2014. The food truck concept is evolving into a restaurant at 1991 Brownsboro Road, in the former Ngon Appétit location.
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: POLLO Food Truck going B&M

by Steve Eslinger » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:31 pm

That’s good news. I’m a big fan of Six Forks.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 pm

I assume the part of the article behind the paywall mentioned Six Forks? I'm a fan too. This is good news.
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Not sure about that, Robin, I just know that the couple own both Six Forks and that food truck. It's on the about page on the Six Forks website.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:Not sure about that, Robin, I just know that the couple own both Six Forks and that food truck. It's on the about page on the Six Forks website.

Steve, I wasn't clear. I knew it, I just wondered if Biz First mentioned it. :) Nevermind, let's move on, nothing to see here. :)
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am

Gotcha. I love their burgers, and I look forward to trying their chicken.
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:53 am

Robin Garr wrote:I assume the part of the article behind the paywall mentioned Six Forks? I'm a fan too. This is good news.

Yep, sure did!
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Six Forks and I'm a big fan of their truck. Whenever I've had it, it's been really solid, tasty chicken, which isn't always easy out of the back of a truck.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Ron H wrote:For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Six Forks and I'm a big fan of their truck. Whenever I've had it, it's been really solid, tasty chicken, which isn't always easy out of the back of a truck.

So, what's the style, or theme? Or is it just straight-up, Southern-fried? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.
ETA: I've always loved the Unknown Henson avatar.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:
Ron H wrote:For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Six Forks and I'm a big fan of their truck. Whenever I've had it, it's been really solid, tasty chicken, which isn't always easy out of the back of a truck.

So, what's the style, or theme? Or is it just straight-up, Southern-fried? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Assuming that they keep the shtick of the food truck, it's all things casual chicken. From a CJ interview in 2015:

We have a fried chicken gyro, a loaded potato twister, which is our version of loaded nachos to which we add chicken and cheese and salsa and crema. We have chicken and waffles. We have a chicken po' boy sandwich, chicken cordon bleu and for the summer we're going to do grilled bourbon chicken. Our customers are making us do it. Otherwise, the healthiest thing on our truck is the water. It is fried chicken after all.
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:45 am

Ha, funny description. I do love me some chicken and waffles when done well.
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am

Steve Eslinger wrote:

Re the avatar: Thanks!

It's casual chicken as Robin said, fried as a rule. It's been awhile since I've hit up the truck, though, so I'm not 100 percent sure I remember what all I've had (I've been a few times).
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg