Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Eiderdown?

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Eiderdown?

by Kim H » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Anyone have any inside scoop as to their plans? They apparently shut down March 21 and haven't reopened, and I'm wondering if they're going to survive this situation. I sure hope so.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Eiderdown?

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:41 pm

I sure hope so too, Kim! Eiderdown has been a favorite for a long time.

Funny/sad thing about this pandemic is that it's hard to keep track among who's open for takeout/curbside, who's reopened under the Healthy At Work rules, who's closed for the duration with plans to reopen later, and who's quietly called it quits.

It's sure hard to tell much from their Facebook, though. The post you referenced on March 21 is sure getting a lot of love, but they haven't really updated. :(
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:33 pm

It really is hard to keep track! It seems like most of the restaurants I've been interested in during this situation have at least been doing curbside. My husband suggested that maybe Eiderdown faces parking challenges to allow for efficient curbside service. Hard to say.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:51 pm

From their Facebook page 4 hours ago 06/07/2020 Sad news, indeed.

"Hello Dear Friends and Patrons,

With all of the support and love we’ve received over the past 9 and 1/2 years it’s difficult to express our appreciation for all you’ve done for us. So I’ll say it now....thank you for bringing your families, friends, neighbors and yourselves within these walls to celebrate, relax, have conversations or just have a beer and some popcorn. To see people happy and satisfied here has been such a wonderful and rewarding experience. I know there is so much more going on right now but after many inquiries from our customers I felt we needed to let you know what’s going on with us.

So moving on, the face of Eiderdown will look quite a bit different. We will not be opening as a full service restaurant more than likely ever again. It’s been a weird and tough decision but I feel it’s the best for us at the moment and into the future. Being open these years has been a wild, fun, exciting, emotional ride. I love this community and the friends I’ve made here. To make a long story short (too late!) moving forward we will reopen with online ordering two to three days a week. Eventually what we hope to do is become a full time catering and event space. We would host our own special events and host your personal events as well. Off site catering will be available as well for small or large parties. We look forward to making your next occasion or family gathering magical! These details about catering will come later.
Our future menus will have some Eiderdown staples (pretzels and beer cheese, hooray!) but will include some really fun and different stuff as well. We’ll be serving next week. Stay tuned for the menu and details tomorrow. PLEASE take care of each other and stay safe!

Lots of love,
Heather"
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:56 am

I don't see why that's sad. Sounds kinda fun and exciting to me. I love seeing business owners try new models and different ways of serving the community.

Good luck to them. I hope they have tremendous success.