Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Curfew is over

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Curfew is over

by Leah S » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:31 pm

Mayor Greg Fischer ends curfew. It is effective immediately.

The curfew was supposed to be in effect through Monday.

LMPD plays video showing montage of crime and looting during recent protests that "the public doesn't see."

Fischer says this shows curfew did not stop looting from happening.

https://www.wlky.com/article/live-mayor ... eYEwXj_2AA
no avatar
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

Re: Curfew is over

by Adriel Gray » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:25 am

Does this mean everyone arrested for violating the curfew won't have to appear at their court dates cuz charges are dropped and their arrest records expunged? Asking for a friend.
no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 am

This should probably go without saying but Looters do not equal Protestors, despite what the Mayor and LMPD are trying to put out.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:56 am

Good point, Gary. I think this quick retreat signals that Mayor Milquetoast is well aware of that, though. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:23 am

St. Matthews held their curfew through Monday. Gotta love the cities that didn't join LouMetro.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Stupidest part about metro. On the other hand, after two failed efforts, accommodating the little cities was the only way to get metro passed. I'm still not sure the compromise was worth it. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Leah S wrote:St. Matthews held their curfew through Monday. Gotta love the cities that didn't join LouMetro.

At least St. Matthew is being reasonable, the only reason the major drop the curfew in Metro is because they weren't enforcing it anyway.
Robin Garr wrote:Stupidest part about metro. On the other hand, after two failed efforts, accommodating the little cities was the only way to get metro passed. I'm still not sure the compromise was worth it. :twisted:

As a former resident of Jefferson County I'm still wishing Metro never had been passed! We didn't gain anything except higher taxes.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Mark R. wrote:As a former resident of Jefferson County I'm still wishing Metro never had been passed! We didn't gain anything except higher taxes.

Before you were getting free stuff. Now you're paying your share. You're also paying much less than people in the Urban Services District, who do get more services because they're in the old city and pay for those services.