Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

2 new restaurants in Plainview

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

2 new restaurants in Plainview

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Happened to be in Plainview Village Center (Linn Station at Hurstbourne), the center with Brownies the Shed and SoU, and two new places going up.

1. Maya's American Kitchen is going in where Benihana (and Ichiban?) used to be. Very large space, they have a web presence but no info other than they are hiring.

2. Vallarta, at corner near the Bridge Center and Sichuan Garrden. Talked to the owner, who happened to be there. He has another place on Preston (Taqueria y Rosticeria new Vallarta). He said that he is waiting until he can use at least 75% of the seats as he said "you can't open a new restaurant successfully while only seating to 33% of capacity."

I never really thought of that center as a hot dining destination, but with this many places maybe it will become one!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 2 new restaurants in Plainview

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:29 pm

Thanks for the update, Andrew! This is a crazy time, but it's good to know that there are always optimists in this business.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:49 am

Time to dust off your outside-the-Watterson passport, Robin!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Moya's American Kitchen hopes to open in about a week, according to its Facebook page, which also has a menu now. It bills itself as "a family friendly, American comfort food restaurant," open for lunch and dinner. There was an earlier thread on this place; they've been working on it for more than a year, and apparently they were getting ready to open in March, just when everything shut down.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:56 am

Vallarta apparently opened recently -- people are posting reviews on Yelp and Google. There's also a Facebook page now.

https://www.facebook.com/marisqueriavallarta9874/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks for both reports, Rich! I'd just about given up hope on Moya, but in fairness, a pandemic makes things complicated. Vallarta? The more Mexican it is, the happier I'll be.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for both reports, Rich! I'd just about given up hope on Moya, but in fairness, a pandemic makes things complicated. Vallarta? The more Mexican it is, the happier I'll be.

I just noticed this post on their FB page:
Te esperamos con la mejor atención que tu te mereces!!!

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be the real thing! It's a marisqueria/seafood place, too.
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 pm

One of the Louisville City fandom (Jorge from Podcast Luchador) posted a picture of his meal from Vallarta and it looks like the real deal.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey, that menu looks cool — three kinds of aguachiles! I have been convinced we’ll have to get carry-out this week.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:55 am

I frequent the Vallarta on Preston. It’s my favorite Mexican restaurant in the city. That will be a welcome addition to the East End, I just hope they keep it the same.
no avatar
User

Harry Dennery

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:59 pm

by Harry Dennery » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:43 am

Very pleased with service and food at the Vallarta in Plainview. The steak burrito was excellent and the small cucumber amuse bouche was very tasty.