Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Burgerim

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Burgerim

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:22 pm

Ron H wrote:But I'd definitely eat at a place named "Burgers, Plural!"

We may be on to something here, Ron.

Or we could just call it "Burgers." :twisted:
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for the review, Ron. What with social distancing and all, Zoe's closing and Burgerim opening got by me completely. Sounds great, though! I assume it's not actually kosher, given the near-rare meat and all?

I'll offer a couple of other thoughts. First, I believe Burgerim was never kosher even in Israel. It may be a surprise but many restaurants in Israel are not kosher. Even McDonalds has many non-kosher outlets in Israel. Since Burgerim's Israeli menu originally included cheeseburgers we can assume that it definitely was not kosher.
P.S. Kosher ground beef is readily available in the U.S. or was before the pandemic closed many kosher meat processing plants. There are a number of kosher burger restaurants in the NY tri-state area and Los Angeles.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Mary Anne wrote:It's actually not in the former Zoe's Kitchen spot, but sitting back behind next door to Coals.

Yes, the Zoe's place was filled by the 2nd location of Biscuit Belly. Food is good but, pre-pandemic, the waits were too long compared to the Main St. spot.
Previous