Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Louisville is doing it right

User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Louisville is doing it right

by Bill Veneman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:49 am

Friends, as many of you know, I've relocated to Haverhill, Mass. We got moved just before the "stay at home" orders came down. The purpose of this post is to let you all know that the Louisville food scene is blowing it out of the water compared to my new area!

Yes, the local places here are doing their best to offer curbside and carryout services, but unfortunately, several well known and established eateries have hung up the "hopefully we'll see you when it's over" shingle. Additionally, since I'm not that familiar with what's around, I've not ventured out for carryout myself. And probably won't until the area restrictions ease up a bit!

From what I've been seeing in my feed, the Louisville scene has got this down pretty well! It breaks my heart to see that one of my favorite things is going to dramatically change because of this "event" and that life as we knew it will cease to exist. However, the resilience of the Louisville Food Scene will, from what I'm seeing, take that pigs ear and turn it into a silk purse in no time!

Keep up the great work, guys! I know you are struggling to make it work, and it's not going unnoticed! Kinda wish I was still there to help out.

Cheers!

BV
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Louisville is doing it right

by James Natsis » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:22 pm

Bill,
Glad to see you are alive and well.

Yeah, there are a lot of places hanging in there. I get out quite a bit and am pleasantly surprised at how many places are still serving the public. But the triage won't be clear between survivals and casualties likely until a good bit of time from now. I would imagine that many bars that depend mainly on sales of alcohol will have a tough time reemerging.

Things were really flying high here and there was so much to look forward to in many terms. But its pretty depressing at the moment to see the stagnation that with each passing day carries increased risk of serious demise.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm

:cry:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:28 am

Bill it’s so good to see a post from you! We’ve got some great leadership here in KY that’s not only keeping us safe but, I guess you could say, inspired to carry on until we can come back from the woodwork. It’ll no doubt be very different but we will adapt.
Stay in touch. Know you are missed. :D
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson