Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Who's doing takeout, curbside, or delivery? Spread the w

by Alanna H » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:03 pm

From Dragon King's Daughter's FB page:

In order to better accommodate peak hours, we will be taking orders via FB Messenger from 5:30PM to 8PM tonight Friday, April 3rd. Upon messaging we will send instructions on how to order:) Thanks again for your continued support & patronage, we're truly grateful.

Menu: www.dragonkingsdaugter.com/menu/
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:08 pm

Jay M. wrote:Varanese.

We will miss seeing you in person!

You can still get your favorite dish
hot and ready for you!

Varanese will be offering a carry out and Curbside To-Go service now available with a 25% discount! Order from our regular menu and enjoy a delicious meal from Varanese at home! Dinner hours currently 5:00-9:00pm. Please call 502-899-9904 to place your order for pickup.

Stay tuned! We are also working on a delivery option, and will announce more details in the near future. If you are interested in custom and family orders, please give us a call at 502-899-9904 and we would be happy to discuss options.

Varanese did an excellent job. Ordered the meal for two of Caesar salad, flank steak with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables, and the complimentary dessert of bread pudding. The food was very well prepared and traveled and warmed up well, too. Wine was discounted. The servings actually permitted two meals for two, so quite the bargain. I pulled in the parking lot and they delivered to the car. All good.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:00 am

I know that I posted in this thread before about Noosh Nosh and curbside carryout, but wanted to give a heads up that this Wednesday (tomorrow) guest chef Peng Looi is taking over the kitchen. Ordering details and his menu are below!

During the mandated dining room closure, we will offer limited carryout service:

Monday – Friday. Please pre-order meals between 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. by calling Noosh Nosh at 502-205-2888.
Orders will be available for curbside pick-up at Noosh Nosh at 4816 Brownsboro Center between 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Menu Preview for Wednesday 4/8 with Guest Chef Peng Looi (same curbside hours)

Sichuan Style Hot and Sour Soup with Chicken

Maylaysian Beef Soup with Potato and Cardamon

Chicken Wings with Sweet Chili and Basil Dipping Sauce

Seared Salmon with Vegetables and Shallot and Tomato Concasse with Soy Sauce

Roasted Lemongrass and Tumeric Chicken with Vegetables, Tikka Sauce, and House Made Naan
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

by Doug A » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Another shout out to Varanese.

We've had 4 meals from Varanese since our shelter in place and they have each been excellent.

We've had the pork chop, a couple of orders of the Beef Tips and Tortellini Pasta, the Salmon, and got the kid's Pasta with Marinara too. Portions were generous and everything but the kid's meal included a salad and bread pudding with ice cream. Prices for value received were outstanding.

We've cooked more at home in the last month than we have in a long time, but when we needed a break Varanese came through in a big way. If you are in a position to support our local restaurateurs please remember one of the standouts on Frankfort Ave. We've been dining with John and David since the day they opened and hope for the best for all of our locals.

Stay well all!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:22 am

I've gotten curbside pickup twice recently from Simply Thai in St. Matthews, and I highly recommend it. The food is great, and it was really quick. (I ordered at lunchtime and picked it up 25 minutes later; I don't know if there's a longer wait at dinner time.)

Also, I saw that Mojito in Havana reopened yesterday (April 22) for carryout, with a somewhat limited menu; one person said on Facebook that they were very busy, which doesn't surprise me. This is the St. Matthews location only; the other Havana Rumba restaurants are still closed.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:59 am

Rich S wrote:I've gotten curbside pickup twice recently from Simply Thai in St. Matthews, and I highly recommend it. The food is great, and it was really quick. (I ordered at lunchtime and picked it up 25 minutes later; I don't know if there's a longer wait at dinner time.)

Also, I saw that Mojito in Havana reopened yesterday (April 22) for carryout, with a somewhat limited menu; one person said on Facebook that they were very busy, which doesn't surprise me. This is the St. Matthews location only; the other Havana Rumba restaurants are still closed.

Simply Thai was an hour's wait on Friday. I ordered online and they told me what time to be there.

Picked up Coal's yesterday and saw 7-8 people waiting outside of Mojito in Havana at 5:00.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Shout out to the following establishments doing carry-out / curb-service flawlessly: Pho Café, Payne Street Bakehouse, North Lime Doughnuts (OMG!!!), Come Back Inn, Breadworks and Chick-N-Mi.

Each of those spots have done a spectacular job...from food, to ordering process, to social distancing and sanitizing!

I highly recommend the Chik-N-Mi family meal. It was a feast of wonderful food at a really fair price.

DD
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Thanks, Derrick! I really appreciate all these reports from the real world. :)
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Mojito in Havana opened for carry out this week. I think they are still working out the kinks, as they posted something on their Facebook Friday evening indicating they were going to put something in place to limit the number of orders. They also said the other locations (Highlands, Middletown, and Mojito Tapas) would be open next weekend. I ordered a couple of entrees and a mojito and swirl margarita the first night they reopened and everything was excellent. After a month without my beloved Cuban food, I'm really looking forward to having it available as an option again!

Edit: They were not doing the "virtual" waiting area when I picked up my order last night, just telling people to use social distancing. I parked and waited until my designated pick up time, then called to make sure my order was ready before getting out of the car.
Last edited by Nathaniel C on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Takeout items at Martin's BBQ

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:01 am

Martin’s BBQ has now added some favorites to the daily menu. Also, they have updated their hours of operation for the Louisville locations.

Mondays: Burgers (Brisket Burger, Cheeseburger and Southern “Paddy” Melt)
Tuesdays: Country Salad
Wednesdays: Smoked Chicken
Thursdays: Brisket Tacos
Fridays: Redneck Tacos

Updated Hours of Operation:

3408 Indian Lake Dr
Louisville, KY 40241
(502) 242-4666
Open: Monday – Sunday, 11AM-8PM

984 Barret Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 242-0020
Open: Wednesday – Thursday, 3-8PM
Friday – Sunday, 12-8PM

martins-menu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:11 pm

I’ve seen numerous restaurants posting that they can’t keep up with carry out orders, mostly the modestly priced places. It gives me hope they might survive because this new mask order makes me think they are not opening for months.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 pm

Plehn's Bakery in St. Matthews posted on their Facebook page that they're re-opening on May 4. Link to their page:

https://www.facebook.com/Plehns-Bakery-302434851408
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 am

Derrick Dones wrote:Shout out to the following establishments doing carry-out / curb-service flawlessly: Pho Café, Payne Street Bakehouse, North Lime Doughnuts (OMG!!!), Come Back Inn, Breadworks and Chick-N-Mi.

Each of those spots have done a spectacular job...from food, to ordering process, to social distancing and sanitizing!

I highly recommend the Chik-N-Mi family meal. It was a feast of wonderful food at a really fair price.

DD

I've done the Chik'n & Mi family meal twice, and each time, I've had food for two adults (plus a baby) for three days afterward. It was great! Also, I definitely can't say enough good stuff about Payne Street Bakehouse. Early on in the pandemic, they rolled out a take-home chicken pot pie that was out of this world, and if I can get back there at the right time, I'm itching to pick up their shepherd's pie. (Also, the bagels freeze really well and hold up to reheating beautifully.)
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat May 02, 2020 10:49 am

Tikka House reopened yesterday (May 1) for carryout, and I picked up chicken tikka masala and rosemary naan. It's good that Indian food is available again in St. Matthews, and I hope they do well while these restrictions are still in place.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue May 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Havana Rumba in the Highlands is now doing carryout, joining the Middletown and St. Matts locations. Mojito in Lydon is supposed to do the same soon.
PreviousNext