Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Who's doing takeout, curbside, or delivery? Spread the w

by SilvioM » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 pm

Breadworks is my go-to and they are also open. Why rush to Kroger to search for scarce loafs and bagels when you can ge the good stuff, fresh and yummy? Lots of good choices for at-home eaters.
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:11 pm

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Don't forget about the food trucks! We're still rolling but it's getting tight. We can come to your HOA, apartment complex, office building if you're not all on WAH. Email LouisvilleFoodTruckAssociation@gmail.com to schedule.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Taste of Thai in Crestwood offing curbside
502-365-1809
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:49 am

I imagine this is already somewhere in this thread, so pardon the repetition. Brasserie Provence is offering curbside takeout from a limited (but perfectly fine) menu. Picked up a fantastic dinner on the way home last night (with an extra unexplained 20 minute wait in the parking lot - I think they are still figuring out this takeout thing, which is fine). Big tip to help keep folks in business.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:04 am

Just a few random observations from the delivery driver side of things. I generally drive Lyft part time but that's died out, so I'm doing Uber Eats and DoorDash:

Limit your menu if that will help speed up service. People are looking for normalcy as opposed to specific menu items. If they can get it quick they'll be much happier.

Opt for curbside service for delivery drivers, even if you have a drive-thru. There's nothing worse than going to pick up an order and having to wait in a 15-car line at the drive thru to pick it up (I'm talking to you, Steak and Shake Clarksville). I've seen several places with servers taking orders at cars. We don't care if you're wearing a mask and gloves.

If you're not letting people in the restaurant, post your number on the door in case the curbside people don't see you. I hate having to bang on your window to attract attention.

If you are letting people in the restaurant, put a chime on the door. I went into a restaurant the other day where they had tables arranged to make an improvised waiting area. There was nobody in the dining room at all, and a tip jar full of cash was sitting on one of the tables. I had to call them to let them know I was out there.

If the order isn't ready when the driver arrives, offer them a soft drink or at least a cup of water.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:30 am

Thanks so much for that, Rich! May I share your thoughts elsewhere? I can either quote you or leave it anonymous as you prefer. :)
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 am

Brasserie Provence is offering curbside takeout from a limited (but perfectly fine) menu. Picked up a fantastic dinner on the way home last night (with an extra unexplained 20 minute wait in the parking lot - I think they are still figuring out this takeout thing, which is fine).

TP: Thanks for going by! I can certainly attest that adapting to takeout is a tricky thing for them as it is with most fine dining. Glad you got to enjoy their food.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am

[TP: Thanks for going by! I can certainly attest that adapting to takeout is a tricky thing for them as it is with most fine dining. Glad you got to enjoy their food.[/quote]

Robin, they were remarkably gracious and thankful for the business. The owner was running back and forth delivering to cars - and I'm guessing he was doing anything else that needed done. We're in one of those times.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks so much for that, Rich! May I share your thoughts elsewhere? I can either quote you or leave it anonymous as you prefer. :)

Either way. Feel free.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks, Richard. If you'd like to be identified by full name, hit me with a PM to let me know what it is. :) Otherwise, we'll go with what we've got.

I don't know quite what I want to do with this and other material yet, but it seems like the kind of good information to put out there that people can use.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:02 pm

From the kind folks at Noosh Nosh:

You spoke and we listened! Soup Is On at Noosh Nosh!

During the mandated dining room closure, we will offer limited carryout service and free soup to those in need:

Tuesday – Friday. Please pre-order meals between 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. by calling Noosh Nosh at 502-205-2888. Orders will be available for curbside pick-up at Noosh Nosh at 4816 Brownsboro Center between 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.

The menu for Tuesday and Wednesday (3/24 & 3/25) is below:

Soup: Steak Chili, Tomato Basil (vegan) or Loaded Potato (vegetarian) (in 16oz containers)

Dinner Entrees:
Cajun Marinated Salmon with Tomatoes, Onions, and Soy
Half Roasted Chicken with South African Peri Peri Sauce
Both Protein Options come with Seasonal Vegetables: Brussel Sprouts, Baby Carrots, and Fingerling Potatoes

Pizza: Margherita, Pepperoni, BBQ Chicken, or Cheese
Vegan cheese & gluten free crust upon request

Call us with any questions! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

To serve our community and support food service employees during these challenging times, we are repurposing Noosh Nosh’s kitchen into Soup’s On at Noosh Nosh. Starting Tuesday, March 24, our chefs will craft hearty, healthy soups, which will be offered free of charge to anyone who is struggling and in need. Additionally, a limited carryout menu featuring soups, pizzas, and entrees will be available for purchase. All proceeds, tips, and donations will go to assist restaurant employees and their families through our non-profit 501c Compassion & Cooking.
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to us in support. Your kindness and concern means the world to us. During these uncertain times, we can’t imagine not offering hospitality, service, support, and nourishing meals. We look forward to serving you and continuing to see our community come together to support one another in this time of need.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Brent M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

by Brent M » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Harvey's Cheese at Logan Street Market is open for curbside pickup and free delivery (orders over $20). Curbside pickup station is located at St Catherine Street market entrance. Hours are Wednesday-Sunday 11am to 6pm

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/harveyscheese/ for our current menu including cheese toasties, cheese plates and quaratine cheese kits.

Also, don't forget about our retail cheese case! Here is the link to our current cheese inventory: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ub29R ... gStHzvkWtn

Call in orders at 502-314-0432 or email harveyscheese@gmail.com
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Lonnie's is doing carry-out! woo-HOO!!

by Willie Myers » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:27 pm

one place that might have slipped through the cracks is "Lonnie's Best Taste of Chicago" - - imho, the drop-dead best Chicago-style hot dog in The Ville! they're doing carry-out and they're in St. Mathews at 121 St. Matthews Ave, 40207. ring 'em from 11am-5pm M-F on (502) 895-2380. check out their menu here: www.Lonniesbesttasteofchicago.com
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Lonnie's is doing carry-out! woo-HOO!!

by Steve Eslinger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Willie Myers wrote:one place that might have slipped through the cracks is "Lonnie's Best Taste of Chicago" - - imho, the drop-dead best Chicago-style hot dog in The Ville! they're doing carry-out and they're in St. Mathews at 121 St. Matthews Ave, 40207. ring 'em from 11am-5pm M-F on (502) 895-2380. check out their menu here: http://www.Lonniesbesttasteofchicago.com

No question, best "drag it through the garden" dog in town. Credible Italian beef, Polish, wings...you name it. Lonnie does it right.
PreviousNext