Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Super Bowl Menu

no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

Super Bowl Menu

by Adrian Baldwin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 pm

I suppose Robin can move this thread if he thinks it's in the wrong spot, but the other boards usually seem dead.

Most everyone will be eating during the Super Bowl.

Where are you going? Know of any local places having cool parties/food specials?

What do you plan on grubbing on? Any special foods/recipes at your Party?

Go Pats!
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

Re: Super Bowl Menu

by MikeG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Adrian Baldwin wrote:I suppose Robin can move this thread if he thinks it's in the wrong spot, but the other boards usually seem dead.

Most everyone will be eating during the Super Bowl.

Where are you going? Know of any local places having cool parties/food specials?

What do you plan on grubbing on? Any special foods/recipes at your Party?

Go Giants!

Fixed your thread for you, it had a glaring error. :)
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm not sure what we're having, but after watching Alton Brown's show the other day, and seeing his recipe for Buffalo Wings, I'm pretty sure those shall be on the menu!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 pm

I'm making a big pot of Cave Creek Chili Beer Chili. One bottle of Cave Creek Chili Beer poured into a great pot of bison chile gives it just the right kick.

Its actually the only use for that beer that I have found, outside of pouring it down a drain.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Super Bowl Menu

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Adrian Baldwin wrote:I suppose Robin can move this thread if he thinks it's in the wrong spot, but the other boards usually seem dead.

We're not strict about "board discipline" here, Adrian. This is close enough, especially since you're also asking about eateries with Super Bowl specials.

I'm sorry you feel the other forums are "dead," though. By design, this forum we're in is the primary center for overall discussion, and it <i>should</i> be the busiest. But it seems to me that the others enjoy pretty fair traffic, and I'd rather encourage folks to use them than diss them as moribund and not worth visiting.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:09 pm

^ that came out wrong Robin, sorry. I don't feel that the other boards are "dead", just feel this is the hopping board...

...and felt a Super Bowl thread was needed, since for many of us the best part about that day is all the food! :)
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:07 pm

I may have one of the only boyfriends in the midwest who doesn't care for football. We used to watch just to see the commercials, but now we can see those all online the next day. Lots of channels (like SciFi or Discovery) show nerdy marathons of stuff like Mythbusters or Twilight Zone or Star Trek for the nerd nation. During the game is a great time to go out to the movies, as well.

However, we do like the food aspect of Super Bowl - I will probably keep that alive by making chili Sunday. I've been on a diet since January 2, but this weekend is a "free weekend", so I can eat what I like (in January I lost 19 lbs!!!)

But if you're anywhere near St. Matthews before or during the game, do yourself a favor and carry out a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Cafe Lou Lou. Roasted chicken in Frank's Hot Sauce, sauteed celery, mozzarella, and blue cheese crumbles. Yummy! (can you tell I'm a bit carb-deprived?)
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

by Chris Dunn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm

I'll be firing up the smoker for a family gathering. The plan right now is a double batch of the world's best* baked beans (half spicy, half not so much) and many pounds of chicken wings. Haven't decided exactly what to do with those yet...probably a couple different rubs.

*Maybe not, but they are really good.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Mardi Gras Menu

by Deb Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:46 pm

In honor of Mardi Gras, we are skipping our usual SuperBowl fare (lots of decadent appetizers), and are serving the following: Red Bean & Rice w/Andouille, Crawfish Quiche and Bourbon Bread Pudding.

Deb
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:48 pm

We are feasting on burgundy filet medallions, eggplant rollitini, artichoke crab spread (from Fresh Market), artichoke salad, homemade pimento cheese spread, crab stuffed mushrooms and warm french bread. Just put it all out on the table and nibble through the game. I just put an apple cobbler in the oven for later.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Suzi, that sounds great. We ended up skipping the chili and going with Red Beans and Rice for Mardi Gras purposes. But as a starter we had a cheese plate with Brilliat Savarin, Port Salut and Point Reyes, some antipasto, tuna salad, and some lovely little round green peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone from Lotsa Pasta.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Marsha,

Where did you get the Point Reyes? It's one of my all time favorite cheeses, and I haven't seen any in quite some time.

Thanks!
Deb
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Marsha,

Where did you get the Point Reyes? It's one of my all time favorite cheeses, and I haven't seen any in quite some time.

Thanks!
Deb

Lotsa Pasta! Blues are directly in front and a hard right when you walk in - by the wall!

For those that didn't know (like me), they will take any cheese and cut it down to as small of a piece as you want. I wanted three cheeses but there are only two of us, so they took the three already small pieces I had selected and cut them in half - cheerfully!