Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tandoor Fusion; Give it another chance!

no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Tandoor Fusion; Give it another chance!

by Ross Lister » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm

I haven't posted in forever but wanted to post something about Tandoor Fusion to hopefully get the word out about this place and the improvements they have made.

Quite simply, this is now my, and my friends that love Indian food, new favorite spot in Louisville for indian food.

As Robin's review from 2017 indicated, it was a nice place with good food and a few bumps in the road that all restaurants experience when first opening. A friend lives much closer than I so he tried it again after being disappointed early and convince me to come back to give it another try.

Some background: we have been eating Indian food for over 30 years; driving all the way to Cincinnati to the old Mayura restaurant when Louisville had no Indian restaurants to speak of. In all those years I've never experience the plethora of quality choices available on the lunch buffet (grand buffet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as Dinner buffet on Thursday nights) that is now available at Tandoori Fusion.

The price is a little higher than most buffets, but once you enter the new buffet room (much nicer setup than the squeezed in setup that was off to the left of the main entrance) you will immediately understand why it costs a little more.

They now have coupons available for most weekdays and run specials for dinner. I know this post will look like I work for them or have stock in the company; I truly don't but my motives are largely selfish. I want this place to STAY OPEN!!

Please visit, comment and ask me anything you want. Not only do they have a ton of choices during the buffet, the menu is constantly changing so you don't get bored and the quality of every single dish I've dried is off the charts.

@Robin Garr, PLEASE review this place again! I know your word will carry more weight than mine and I'm convinced you will be impressed.

Edited for punctuation and grammar!
Last edited by Ross Lister on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tandoor Fusion; Give it another chance!

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Ross, you had me at " driving all the way to Cincinnati to the old Mayura restaurant." :)

Thanks for the update. I try to keep tabs on all the places I visit when they're still fairly new, and I appreciate you alerting me to Tandoori Fusion. I'm more than willing to check it out again, because Indian food. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

by Ross Lister » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:28 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Ross, you had me at " driving all the way to Cincinnati to the old Mayura restaurant." :)

Thanks for the update. I try to keep tabs on all the places I visit when they're still fairly new, and I appreciate you alerting me to Tandoori Fusion. I'm more than willing to check it out again, because Indian food. Thanks!

I'm sure you're busy, there are so many good restaurants in Louisville these days. Not like back in the day of road trips to Mayura! It will be well worth your time and money. The manager was quizzing Guy and I about how to drum up business and get the word out so I told him about this site and also that I would post something.

I was in a rush to get out the door when I made my initial post so I'll add a little context. They must have gotten more or new chefs, the quality is SO much better than it was. The thing that really stands out for us is that with most buffets you have the same dishes over and over. Not here.

They usually have a fish or shrimp curry with a lighter curry base sauce, then a meat curry (lamb, goat, chicken). They always have the fritters; chutneys include a coriander mint, a tomato chutney and a yogurt one. They have both chicken tandoori on the bone and the boneless chicken morsels (not usually pakora style). Typically there is both a goat and veggie biryani as well as regular rice with peas.

I'm more of a meat eater but have tried some of the veggie only dishes and even they are amazing. They have sambar soup, sometimes have the little pancakes and have desserts but I'm typically stuffed full of the main courses to mess around with that stuff!

They bring fresh bread to the table and during the Grand Buffet you have unlimited dosas available. Again, I try not to fill up on that stuff. Today they had a huge platter full of different appetizers; Indian eggrolls, potato patties, tiny samosas in a filo dough triangle instead of the heavy and sometimes greasy dough.

Best Indian value in town in my and my friends' opinions!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Gotta go! Gotta go soon! Thanks again.