Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant at Oxmoor

by Rich S » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Cooper’s Hawk is bringing one of its restaurants to a new building at Shelbyville Road and Christian Way, in front of Oxmoor Center, according to construction plans filed this month with the city. Cooper’s Hawk is a chain with more than 40 restaurants and a wine club that has more than 350,000 members. I may be mistaken, but it seems like more out-of-town chains have been coming to Louisville in the past year or so, and I suspect more are on the way.

https://chwinery.com
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant at Oxmoor

by JustinHammond » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:20 pm

They have a Cheesecake factory size menu.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 pm

JustinHammond wrote:They have a Cheesecake factory size menu.

Thats how you know its all fresh and top quality.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Food is pretty good. Selection is good, and everything we've had WAS fresh and good quality.

Wine is decent/cheap. It's all their own brands (or primarily all), so pricing isn't really comparable, but it looks as if they take their decent inexpensive wines and effective a healthy markup so that (a) they make a lot of money on it, (b) you still pay less than at comparable restaurants, and (c) while it's not wonderful neither is it terrible, so everybody wins!

It fits right in the places in/around Oxmoor like BJ's, J Alexanders, Bravo, et al!~
Andrew Mellman
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Rich S wrote:,but it seems like more out-of-town chains have been coming to Louisville in the past year or so, and I suspect more are on the way.

I'm sure they are coming because they recognize that Louisville is very food centric. However, considering we have suggest strong base of local independent restaurants I would think they would be in for a hard battle.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"