Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

Southern, IN Pizza Place - Alexander's

by MikeG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:05 am

There's a new place in Clarksville that has been getting some business from me, it's small little place called Alexander's. It's located by the old bat factory on Charlestown-NA pike.

They have a menu featuring grinders, calzones, breadsticks and pizza. I've only sampled the pizza and breadsticks so far and have been quite pleased.

The pizzas are similar to Slice of NY in crust style (thickness and flavor) although they sprinkle a sweet little topping on the edges of the crust. The Red Sauce is ever so slightly sweet as well but nothing like a sugar laden papa johns. They also offer pesto and white sauce if you so choose.

The real beauty of this place is that they deliver anywhere in Jeff of Clarksville. This ia real joy for me in the delivery wasteland that is Jeffersonville.

The pizza is good and you cant beat the prices, we had a large 2 topping with breadsticks delivered for 11 bucks (before tip).

If you're in the delivery area it's definitely worth trying. Or if you happen to shopping on veteran's parkway or Green Tree Mall it's worth swinging over for a bite.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.