Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bandido Tacqueria

User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Bandido Tacqueria

by Ron Johnson » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Anyone tried this new spot on East Liberty in SNULU (that's South of NULU. I just made it up :lol: ). saw that it was open when I drove by yesterday.
https://bandidotm.com/
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

Re: Bandido Tacqueria

by Adriel Gray » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm

They have had a location near UofL for years.
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Ive been several times. I enjoy it very much, although i wouldn't say it was anything "special" necessarily. but a good (and giant) west coast style burrito. They have loaded mexican fries i like to enjoy with a falls city brew as well.

I've always gotten the "cardinal burrito" which is good for 2-3 meals. i like the rice/bean combo they use. Ive also sampled the chicken tacos and thought they were solid and well flavored. Good salsas too.

Ive had friends tell me its mediocre, and I respect that too. Again, nothing gourmet, but i thoroughly enjoy the product. When in the mood for a big-ass burrito (BAB), we will usually debate between Bandido and Taco Choza, which I think probably does a little more flavor-wise and might technically be "better". BUT, sometimes, im more in the mood for bandido.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 am

It's my favorite burrito place in town. Something about that round griddle makes all the difference. I haven't even looked at Taco Luchador since Bandido opened up. I guess they stole my heart? :roll:
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg