Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Koreana

User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Koreana

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:55 am

I was on Preston the other day, so I decided to drop in for lunch at the newly reopened Koreana. This was not a mistake. The hostess/server, who I think is the daughter of the new owners (same chef from Koreana II, however), said they had just reopened a week or two ago, and they've done a nice job sprucing up the once-tired interior. I didn't recognize the place and I had to confirm that it is indeed the same space. As you enter, on the right-side wall is a line of four-top grill tables with a larger, multi-top grill table on the left-side wall. I'll be certain to bring some friends to fire up one of those.
As for the food, I was quickly served a very nice selection of banchan with each little dish filled with the classic flavors of Korea. I could hardly stop before my meal arrived. As per my custom when trying a new Korean place, I ordered beef bulgogi. As you can see below, the presentation was somewhat unique as it closely resembled a bento box. This was a very nice touch, because those two adorable crispy dumplings were some of the finest I've ever had.
All-in-all, this was a wonderful dining experience and it will fill a hole nicely, especially while Charim is still in limbo.
Attachments
resized koreana.jpg
resized koreana.jpg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Last edited by Steve Eslinger on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Koreana

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Good to know, Steve. Thanks, and extra applause for the good image. :) I need to get out that way, and as I remember, there's a good Asian market out front of Koreana. Am I remembering that correctly?
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Koreana

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Not sure about the Asian market, but I don't recall seeing one. There's a Mexican restaurant/market across the parking lot though, right behind the Popeye's. I forget the name, but I remember liking it many years ago when I frequented it when I lived in Audubon Park.