Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant.com/Artemesia

no avatar
User

Michael Sell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Restaurant.com/Artemesia

by Michael Sell » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks so much to the poster mentioning restaurant.com We made use of a gift certificate for our first dinner at Artemesia. We typically eat out at international restaurants and cook health-ish/locally-based or Louisiana style, so it was a refreshing change of pace to have modern American cuisine. Nothing so ridiculously modern as test tubes, gels, puffs, beads, etc, but just satisfyingly well-made and well-thought up dishes. The butternut squash flan, as recommended, was excellent, especially the sauce. She had the salmon, and I had the quail. We were both delighted. Good service, nice atmosphere, and we can't wait to eat in the brick patio next time.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

salmon

by Solomon Gayman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:00 am

that place is awesome. We go there after the gallery hop and the food is delicious. I'm guessing the place is named after artimus or the month long celebration of boozing, eating, and fornicating. Either way make sure to try the salmon.
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:54 am

We went last Friday night and used a restaurant.com gift certificate. We sat in the courtyard, which was lovely, and had a wonderful dinner. We had the butternut squash flan to start, I had the salmon, and my boyfriend had the scallops. For dessert we had the Derby pie-inspired bread pudding. Everything was delicious, our server was great, and the atmosphere couldn't be beat. We'll definitely be back.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

Re: salmon

by Mike Hardin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 am

Solomon Gayman wrote:I'm guessing the place is named after artimus or the month long celebration of boozing, eating, and fornicating.

Artemis is the goddess of the hunt. You may be thinking of Bacchus.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Solomon Gayman wrote:that place is awesome. We go there after the gallery hop and the food is delicious. I'm guessing the place is named after artimus or the month long celebration of boozing, eating, and fornicating. Either way make sure to try the salmon.

Agree that the restaurant is very good, but I'd recommend NOT going after the gallery hop . . . we've done that two times, and finally learned our lesson, as both times they were slammed, orders were lost, food was delayed, and what is usually a wonderful experience turned deadly.

We still go there - just not on the first Fridays in the summer.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

by Dan L. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Mike Hardin wrote:
Solomon Gayman wrote:I'm guessing the place is named after artimus or the month long celebration of boozing, eating, and fornicating.

Artemis is the goddess of the hunt. You may be thinking of Bacchus.

Maybe Solomon meant Artemis Pyle from Lynyrd Skynyrd.
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

Artemis Pyle

by Stacy Roof » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:25 pm

is my cousin! Crazy, huh?
Stacy Roof