Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Louisville Pizza Week

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Louisville Pizza Week

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:21 am

https://louisvillepizzaweek.com/

Last year we did this, and hit six different pizza places, all ones that either we had never heard of or that we had wanted to try but hadn't yet . . . two are now on our "rotation," and one is geographically inconvenient but if we're out that way is a must!

I recommend it to all!

From the list, there are only 13 this time around, although the map shows 20; not sure which is right.

In brief, every place listed has at least one pizza (some specials, some "your own thing") at $8 for a 12-16 incher (depending on the restaurant). Definitely a worthwhile experience, as I have nothing to do with the event other than as a hungry eater!
Andrew Mellman
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Louisville Pizza Week

by Ron H » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am

I loved it last year and ended up falling in LOVE with Danny Mac's as a result. I can't recommend it higher.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 am

I've been meaning to get over to Eighth Street Pizza in N'Albany. I believe it's a pay-what-you-can model similar to The Table in Portland. And good pizza, too.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:From the list, there are only 13 this time around, although the map shows 20; not sure which is right.

I believe they are both correct since there are multiple locations of Wicks, Boombozz, and Toppt, whatever that is.

I'm also intrigued by 8th Street, curious to know if it is worth crossing the bridge for a few slices of pizza.