Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

Palermo Veijo Saturnaight visit

by DeeDee D » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:40 pm

OK, so my husband and I made our way to Palermo's Saturday night. The smells in that place are amazing! I'm guessing its a combo of the grill, meats and chimichurri sauce. Whatever it is, it's wonderful. I ordered a sampling of steaks w/ fries and hubby got the NY strip. Although the steaks were good, we were not impressed w/ the quality of the beef at all. The whole time I kept compairing it to other places. The chimichurri sauce was really good and helped the steak out. The other area that was lacking was the service. Our waitress did not ask if it was our first time, explain the grill process, etc. That was a little disappointing. Overall a nice night out, just missing the wow factor for us.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Thats SATURDAY NIGHT visit.
no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 am

Not to discount your experience at Palermo but my most recent visit was great. The server was extremely knowledgeable and did an amazing job. The food was excellent and I could probably drink a gallon of the chimichurri.
One of my favorite places in town.
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

friday evening

by amy lyons » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 am

We had dinner there on Friday evening and as usual it was wonderful. Tried a new appetizer for us - the tortilla espanola...egg and potato goodness with a spicy aioli.

My husband had the flank steak that he deemed perfect and I had the pescado a la romana, which was the best fried fish I have ever had - not one drop of oil, no sign anywhere. Wonderful!

Each time we visit, we remember why we love this Bardstown Road jewel.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Steak

by Casey J. » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Overall, we love the place. We did however quit ordering the steak, due to the fact it was always flavorless.
Last edited by Casey J. on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:05 pm

Every time I go to Palermo I am pleased. I always get the parillada so that we can try short rib, steak, sausage and sweetbread. The steak has always been excellent. The place is simply one of the best values in town. However, if you go expecting a steak epxerience like Ruth's Chris or Outback, you will be disappointed. That ain't what Palermo does.

Oh yeah, and the fries should be listed as a controlled substance because of their powerful addictive qualities.