Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Charcoal Restaurant

User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

The Charcoal Restaurant

by Shannon W » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:18 pm

https://thecharcoalrestaurant.com/

I noticed this place “open” today. It went into the space that was Papa Murphy’s in the same strip mall complex as Cucina de Mama. We live close, so I plan to try soon!
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: The Charcoal Restaurant

by Rich S » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:46 pm

From the Instagram page: "Staying true to its roots in Jerusalem, (the restaurant) brings you an authentic Mediterranean charcoal chicken served with a staple garlic sauce." Sounds interesting.

https://www.instagram.com/thecharcoalrestaurant/
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Re: The Charcoal Restaurant

by Mary Anne » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:05 pm

I ventured in for lunch today. Small space, only 5 4 top tables and a high top bar running along the window. You order at the register and they bring it to your table. Your choice is...chicken! Unless you want falafel. They have a ton of sides including baba ganoush and several salad choices. I got the 1/4 white chicken with hummus and fries. Sadly the tandoori bread was not available. The chicken was well cooked, very moist with a subtle charcoal flavor. If you've had the chicken at Yummy Pollo this incarnation is not as seasoned, but they don't bill themselves as Peruvian. It comes with a garlic aioli (they call it charcoal sauce) that is very garlicky and great to dip the chicken and fries into. The hummus was very good, very smooth, topped with olive oil and chickpeas. The fries were seasoned with season salt and fresh out of the fryer. My friend got the chicken shwarma sandwich and declared it very good. I don't live in that part of town anymore, but if I did, I think it would be on my rotation.