Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

78 Coffee Company

no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

78 Coffee Company

by Ron H » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 am

If you haven't been to 78 Coffee on Liberty (next to Taqueria Bandido and Falls City Tap House), then I suggest you check it out ASAP. The 78 Special is a cold brew coffee with soda water, simple syrup, and blood orange bitters. Honestly, it's one of the best-tasting coffee drinks I've ever had, and the spot is very calm by coffee shop standards. Industrial, but clean. I didn't try any of the coffee shop snacks, but they have a "cold fashioned" that I'm dying to get my hands on.

Prices are pretty standard for coffee shop prices. $5 for a 16-oz iced 78 Special. Has a few places to sit down and hang out if that's what you're interested in, plus they've got Saturday hours (newly opened). It's definitely worth checking out.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 78 Coffee Company

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks for the tip, Ron. It really looks good. Here's a link to their Facebook page for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/78CoffeeCo/

Looking at all those properties popping up along East Liberty makes me wonder if NuLu is expanding. :shock:
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:46 am

It is, Robin. Falls City was being built out about the time that the Butcher Block (Hi Five, Pho Baa Lu) was being renovated and for that same reason. Pretty much all the stuff in that little block that I've perused has been a lot of fun. Bandido is one of my favorite burrito joints in town, they have buzzers to let you know when it's ready, you can take your food into the bar, and I really like Falls City for watching Louisville City away matches.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks, Ron. Another good thing to put on my list!