Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Seviche

by Kim H » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 am

It's been a few years since we dined at Seviche, but we celebrated our slightly belated anniversary Sat night. The food is worth praising, so I hope you don't mind me sharing a page from my food journal...

We dined al fresco by choice because they have a lovely patio, and it was a beautiful night. Even eating outside, the noise level is fairly lively on a Sat night, but that kind of made it more fun.

The food was absolutely beautiful, I can't think of a better word for it. We started with the Ahi Tuna ceviche in "coconut ginger broth, jalapeño, soy." The quality of the tuna was superb, and the broth was delicate and well-balanced. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish and would definitely order it again.

For entrees, I had the Sea Scallops with "fava bean succotash, smoked bacon, lemon-habanero butter." The scallops were large, seared on both sides and cooked perfectly. The accompanying hash would be better described as corn hash with fava beans, bacon, topped with tomatoes, as my hash consisted primarily of corn. No complaints here as corn was one of the primary reasons I ordered this dish (aside from the scallops, obviously). All the components worked beautifully together, and the habanero butter added a slight sweet rather than hot flavor, and complimented it quite nicely.

Rob ordered their classic dish of Churrascos de Argentina, "skirt steak, chimichurri." I generally like skirt steak, although it can be tough if not prepared/sliced properly. But I don't know how they managed to get this cut so tender! I typically marinate it overnight which helps tenderize it, but not like theirs! It was "soft" while still being toothsome, and full of flavor. I absolutely love chimichurri, and theirs was delicious. Herbaceous and slightly tangy. The dish probably could've used more of it, but that's a personal preference, and I'm sure they would've brought us more if my husband had wanted to order it. The accompanying potatoes seemed whipped, which is a method a little more worked than we prefer, but again, that's a matter of personal preference, no reflection on the kitchen.

Our server was very friendly, but due to a few missteps, the service fell below what we would expect from a 5-star dining experience. There was a mishap that was barely acknowledged and no compensation was offered, which surprised us. There was also no recognition that we were celebrating our anniversary, which also surprised us, but none of this would have kept us from celebrating with them for such a gorgeous meal!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Seviche

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:06 am

Thanks for the report, Kim! I always rank Seviche in the city's top five, and it can be No. 1 on any given day. Sorry about the service mishap, though!
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Seviche

by Alanna H » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Man, Kim, you've got me drooling at my desk across the country in Colorado. Definitely hitting up Seviche the next time I come back to visit!