Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

And now Butchertown Pizza...

no avatar
User

lawrence.pigman

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:54 am

And now Butchertown Pizza...

by lawrence.pigman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:09 pm

So bummed to hear they will close on Sept. 27th. Not enough business cited but they seemed busy every time I was there. Best pizza in town since Palalino's if you ask me. I wish they could have held out for the stadium opening.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: And now Butchertown Pizza...

by James Natsis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Too bad. I enjoyed their pizza. I wouldn't count on that building remaining vacant for long.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Yeah, I saw that the other day as a third-party post, but hesitated to post here without confirmation. I agree, among the city's best pizzae. I still think MozzaPi is really hard to beat, but (1) way out east, and (2) only open breakfast and lunch.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Here's Allan and Shelly's post on Butchertown Pizza Hall's Facebook page:

Hey friends,

Unfortunately, we come to you today with sad news. After just under 3 years in operation, we have made the tough decision to cease operations in our current location- effective September 29th.

This decision was not made lightly or without consideration of all the data. Our first priority was our employees. We have made (and are continuing to make) every effort to make sure the people who got us this far are taken care of post-pizza. That said, if you are a restaurateur and are hiring, we still have a few fine folks who need a place to land.

We’d like to thank all of our guests for a ridiculously fun few years. Shelly and I love Butchertown, we’ve made it our home, and we have no intention of leaving this area personally or professionally- so, that said, please stay tuned for a forthcoming, much more joyous announcement.

The Greater Louisville community is eclectic and diverse, which leads to an amazing city and a very vibrant, yet, tough, food scene. Unfortunately, a restaurant is still a business, and, sometimes, tough decisions must be made. We are moving forward to new ventures with our heads high, and very few regrets.

We’d love your support over the next week, whether you come in to get a slice, or just let us see your faces in this setting a few more times. We will continue with our regular business hours for the remainder of our time here.

We’d appreciate no press inquiries at this time as we have a TON of pressing matters to tend to.

Thank you all so much. We love and appreciate you all immensely.

-Allan & Shelly Rosenberg, Owner/Operator of Butchertown Pizza Hall

https://www.facebook.com/butchertownpiz ... 8090457370
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:01 pm

That's a classy way to say "Goodbye." Not like so many others that give no warning and just post a "Closed" sign on the door.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Jeffrey D. wrote:That's a classy way to say "Goodbye." Not like so many others that give no warning and just post a "Closed" sign on the door.

Agreed! I also take some solace from this nugget hidden in their post:

please stay tuned for a forthcoming, much more joyous announcement.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:57 pm

So sad. Papalinos was my former fav. BPH was a current fav. Love Mozza Pi, but need my passport . . .
Must go eat more pizza.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:42 am

I really think the lack of good staff is hurting restaurants all over. I loved BPH, but I never had great (or even good) service there on the few times I didn't get takeout. The weird layout of the building probably didn't help.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg