Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

1816 Modern Kitchen

no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

1816 Modern Kitchen

by Alison Hanover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 am

1816 Modern Kitchen, downtown Corydon.
I went there last night with my husband and another couple. All four of us were incredibly impressed. We shared three starters, the poutine, fried green tomatoes and the brussel sprouts. My friend, Lee was in poutine heaven!! My husband said the fried green tomatoes were the best he had ever had and we all agreed the sprouts were also perfection! My only tiny criticism was that there was no bread to mop up the last bit of deliciousness!!! The waiter, Nick said we were allowed to lick our plates! For entrees we each chose something different so we could all have a bite. We had the crispy chicken, the cauliflower shrimps and grits, the venison meatballs and the fried haloumi. Again, everything was incredible and perfect. The margarita, which 3 of us had was definitely the best margarita we all had ever had. We had each of the desserts, the ginger bread pudding and the apple cheesecake which both were nectar on a plate. Service was prompt and courteous. I had the good fortune to speak to chef Scott outside at the end of service when he was grabbing a quick break. He came from the Exchange in New Albany another of my favorite restaurants. I think 1816 Modern Kitchen provides a much needed upscale restaurant in Corydon among the endless fast food and chains. We will all be regular customers and cannot wait to go for brunch and bloody marys.
Alison Hanover
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: 1816 Modern Kitchen

by RonnieD » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:58 am

Wow! That sounds fabulous! We don't make it out Corydon way very often, but this might be worth the trip!

Did they have nice squeaky curds on the poutine?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY