Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

More biscuits? Brunch at Gracious Plenty

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 am

More biscuits? Brunch at Gracious Plenty

Avocado wedges top a build-your-own quesadilla at Gracious Plenty.

Speaking of biscuits, we stopped by Gracious Plenty’s Prospect location on a Saturday recently with our friend Ann, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover its weekend-only brunch menu.

Briefly told, the brunch menu offers the usual suspects – eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and waffles and french toast – with nothing clocking in for more than the $9.99 Derby Lover Feast with three eggs, two biscuits with gravy, bacon or sausage, cheese grits and a pancake! Brunch beverages are on the menu, too, including a bloody mary or tequila sunrise for $8 or a mimosa for … wait for it … one dollar!

An a la carte order of well-made scrambled eggs, thick bacon and extra-cheesy grits made a filling breakfast; so did a build-your-own quesadilla ($8.99) stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheddar, mushrooms, onions and cilantro, with avocado on top.

A regular-size biscuit was fluffy and tender, not flaky nor crumbly, just right with plenty of butter. The tab for three came to a thrifty $31 plus tip.

Read it on LouisvilleHotBytes,
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/biscu ... ous-plenty

You'll also find this review in LEO Weekly's Food & Drink section today.
http://www.leoweekly.com/category/food-drink/

Gracious Plenty
9207 U.S. 42
618-4755
http://graciousplentycatering.com
https://facebook.com/gpprospect
Another location (carry out only): 2900 Brownsboro Road

Robin Garr’s rating: 82 points.

Noise level: Our party of three had no difficulty carrying on a conversation. (Average sound was 72dB, comparable to living room background music, occasionally peaking to a shrill 91dB, akin to a nearby motorcycle.)

Accessibility: The shopping center space is accessible to wheelchair users, but front-door thresholds have a bumpy concrete fill that could require a strong push to bump over.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: More biscuits? Brunch at Gracious Plenty

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Just a warning: there are two 9207's on Rte 42 in Prospect, one next door to Los Aztecas just East of Kroger shopping center, and one next to the Lion's club in Oldham Co East of Paramount Farms.

After a map search, we ended up at the wrong one.

It's located next to Aztecas, just East of the Kroger center!

Fast casual, qsr place. Omelet (make your own) was very good, and the chicken and waffle sandwich tasty and filling. Absolutely no frills, but also much less expensive than the fancier competition.

It's not on out top three list, but if we're somewhat grungy we would come back.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:Just a warning: there are two 9207's on Rte 42 in Prospect, one next door to Los Aztecas just East of Kroger shopping center, and one next to the Lion's club in Oldham Co East of Paramount Farms.

After a map search, we ended up at the wrong one. ...

D'oh! Sorry about that, Andrew! :oops:

Does Prospect extend into Oldham County, though? I guess the old broad community does, but I'm pretty sure the Fourth Class/Home Rule city of Prospect doesn't cross the county line.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:Just a warning: there are two 9207's on Rte 42 in Prospect, one next door to Los Aztecas just East of Kroger shopping center, and one next to the Lion's club in Oldham Co East of Paramount Farms.

After a map search, we ended up at the wrong one. ...

D'oh! Sorry about that, Andrew! :oops:

Does Prospect extend into Oldham County, though? I guess the old broad community does, but I'm pretty sure the Fourth Class/Home Rule city of Prospect doesn't cross the county line.

Robin, your comment had me thinking so I went and did some research. Prospect city limits do not extend out Highway 42 into Oldham County but it does look like they extended Oldham County on a section of Highway 329. I had to compare 2 different maps, 1 of prospect city limits and 1 of Oldham County limits but by doing that it looks like prospect does go into Oldham County.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:49 pm

I was on the board of directors of St. Matthews Little League many years ago (16), and each league had specific boundaries that were down to the street level. Prospect was in the St. Matthews LL boundary, but I remember having to ask the Prospect folks if they were in Jefferson or Oldham county, because only Jefferson could legally play at St. Matthews...the Oldham county kids belonged to South Oldham LL.
Last edited by Jerry C on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:52 pm

While it appears Prospect does not include 42 portion of Oldham today (I know it used to), no one told Google maps! (Google maps update daily, so who knows what you'll find today!)
Andrew Mellman