Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Hearth on Mellwood Eatery

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Hearth on Mellwood Eatery

by Kim H » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:05 pm

I hadn't seen anything about this restaurant on here, but I might've missed it. Looks like it's in the old Bistro 1860/L&N building. Love that space and patio, and I'm happy to see it filled again. The menu is rather small, but looks packed with interesting flavors. Anyone tried it yet?

https://www.hearthonmellwoodeatery.com/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Hearth on Mellwood Eatery

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Confession: I've been disappointed every time I've been to Chikn & Mi, and this is the same folks, so I'm wary. I'd love to see what someone else thinks.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 pm

I didn't know it was the same folks, but I've not been to Chk'n & Mi. The concept never really appealed to me, and it doesn't help that my hubby isn't a fan of Asian food in general (the classic Chinese-American sweet dishes turned him off of most Asian food). Hoping this place is good, I really like the location.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:39 pm

I ate there last night. Everything we had was delicious: Charred Octopus Salad, Pork Terrine, Cavatelli, and Clams in a Goat Milk Broth.
The service was very polite and attentive.
I think a lot of folks will find the portions a bit small- they were perfect for me.
My biggest complaint was the noise level, and the unruly loudmouth next to me.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 am

Good to know, Gary! I hope the unruly loudmouth wasn't part of your party! :lol:
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Hearth on Mellwood Eatery - (HOME)

by JustinHammond » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 am

We made our 3rd trip on Sat. as the last stop on a Frankfort Ave restaurant crawl.

Burger and Sausage at Red Hog
Margs at El Mundo
Fish and Chips at the Rover
1792 Full Proof (single barrel) at Silver Dollar

This was our third trip and it has improved every time. Everything we have tasted has been good or great. The strip steak dish on Sat. was fantastic. It was perfectly cooked and served with black garlic and roasted sunchokes. They are now doing happy hour raw oysters ($1.50) from 5-6 every day they are open.

Side note - Love Chik'n & Mi. Currently my favorite restaurant in the city. The lettuce wraps, nuggets, brussels, and cauliflower are fantastic.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/