Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

This was Charlotte, I just have to share

by Linda C » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:09 am

Robin, you can remove my post when you want, but I have to share. Rarely, in my six decades + of life does something in a restaurant actually astound me. We were in Charlotte this weekend to see Queen. Someone suggested going around the corner from hotel to a little breakfast spot called the Famous Toastery.
Got there 9:30 for breakfast on a Friday. Nice atmosphere, yet very cold in room. We enjoyed coffee for me, a wimpy Bloody Mary for him. We ordered a combo, two eggs( scrambled) a flapjack, turkey sausage for me , bacon for him. After a pretty long ( 20 min) wait, it arrived in containers, in a carry out bag at our table. We were shocked..the girl at counter said, "they are eating here!" After about 10 minutes, our plates arrived. They had dumped the food on cold plates, didn't reheat anything. Our eggs were ice cold. They finally remembered the salsa...to dump on ice cold eggs. Our pancakes were ice cold. No butter on them or offered, it wouldn't melt anyway. Then it took a few minutes and they brought some cold syrup to put on it. Awful! No excuse, but pitiful management. Another couple beside us got a visit from either chef or management to apologize about forgetting order and comped them. They said they had waited 40 minutes. We heard lots of cutting up behind the scenes, seems delivering a prompt hot breakfast is not important. Very unimpressed. Night before, had a seven hour weather delay from Baltimore to Charlotte, missed our dinner reservation of course, scarfed down a refrigerator sandwich at airport, lol. I was so hungry next, I didn’t complain!
End of story, amazing concert, one great dinner, one great brunch ...AND Southwest just send us $400 in travel vouchers to make up for the delay!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: This was Charlotte, I just have to share

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:13 am

Linda, that story can stay up as long as there is a forum! It's a useful lesson to restaurant operators and servers everywhere: DON'T BE LIKE THIS!
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 pm

I'd leave them appropriate reviews on social media, although that's no panacea... It's difficult to suss out fake reviews unless you are really spending a lot of time, which isn't usually possible when you're traveling and need something quick. I just returned from a trip and ate at a couple of well-reviewed establishments which turned out to be duds. I was beginning to wonder whether my tastebuds were simply calibrated wrong, but I also had a few outstanding meals. :wink:
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Oh yes, I got them on Yelp. Evidently, they have not impressed many lately.