Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

J. Gumbos

no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: J. Gumbos

by Jerry C » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm

I picked up some Voodoo Chicken

I have always liked spicy foods, although here in my 60's I have to tame it down a little. But the first time I tried that Vodoo chicken it lit my ass up! :twisted: I couldn't handle it!!
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: J. Gumbos

by RonnieD » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:50 pm

Nathaniel C wrote:They seem confused about their food allergens. According to the chart, crawfish etouffee contains fish but not shellfish? Oy vey! :!: And drunken chicken, voodoo chicken, and red hot chicken allegedly contain fish, but it's not mentioned as an ingredient on the menu. As someone with a shellfish allergy, this concerns me.

Based on my time there, we were required by the FDA and USDA to list a fish allergen on any dish that contained Worcestershire sauce because it is made with anchovy paste (or something derived from anchovies anyway). The allergen profile for "etoufee" was done for the sauce "only," since we used it in several applications (chicken, shrimp. vegetarian), and obviously a shellfish allergy would not be relevant to all applications. One would assume a dish with crawfish in it would naturally have a shellfish allergen present. Any J. Gumbo's employee "should" be able to explain this if asked.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
Previous