Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sharks Seafood

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Sharks Seafood

by Richard S. » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Apparently this place has been in the McMahan Plaza shopping center for a few years, but we only just discovered it a few weeks ago. It's mainly fried seafood and chicken wings. It reminds me of the little places you see near the coast in New Jersey and/or Louisiana; fried seafood, fries, slaw and hush puppies served to go in a styrofoam box. They do have a dining room as well. My wife and I split a 12-piece jumbo shrimp dinner. Big, juicy shrimp with two sides for $18.99 (a 6-piece dinner at $9.99 is more than adequate for one person). They seem to do a pretty substantial carryout business; I saw 9 or 10 people pick up orders in the time we were there.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sharks Seafood

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Interesting, Richard! It's not ringing a bell with me either. Just to make sure I"m visualizing it, McMahan Plaza is the shopping center facing Breckinridge Lane with Kroger in it, correct?
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I visit Shark's 1-2 times a month. Best Shrimp in town at that price point. I usually get the 6 piece with fries and slaw ($9.99). These are good sized shrimp...I usually get 3 bites off each. I have also had the cod (very good). The dining area while a bit stark, is clean and comfortable with a couple of TV's...mixture of booth's and tables.

The best part of Shark's is the guy taking the orders. Articulate and inviting and knows the menu well.

You should give this place a try.

Yes Robin, McMahan Plaza faces Breckenridge Lane. Shark's is on the opposite end from Krogers.
Last edited by Jerry C on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Ha! I had just said to my wife that it was three-bite-shrimp.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:06 am

Remember Sharky's?
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Buechel

by Jerry C » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:48 pm

There is an old thread somewhere on this forum where everyone was "remembering" Sharkey's. Sharkey's was owned by Chi-Chi's (I worked in the corporate office).

http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24525&hilit=G.W.+Sharkey%27s&start=15
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Buechel

by Jerry C » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Someone mentioned in that old thread that GW Sharkey's "failed" or something along that line. My remembrance was not that it failed, but that the guy running Sharkey's and the guy running the Chi-Chi's kept getting into pissing matches about which concept should get the "go-ahead" to open the next restaurant. Guess who won?