Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Lola's Kitchen-- Filipino cuisine!!

by MarieP » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:21 pm

I was looking at Google Maps and saw an unfamiliar place called "Lola's Kitchen." While not open yet, the Facebook page looks very promising! The description says, "Lola’s Kitchen puts forward the culinary stylings of the Philippines with a southern flair, highlighting the city’s stellar produce and fresh ingredients." No opening date yet- they've put a "Coming Soon" sign out. The "before" photo was posted on June 19th. It's at 2240 Frankfort, where Zen Garden used to be. I've been missing Sari Sari--- hopefully this will be as good, if not better!

https://www.facebook.com/lolaskitchenn/
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Lola's Kitchen-- Filipino cuisine!!

by Steve Eslinger » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks for this heads up. It makes me realize I had totally forgotten about Sari Sari. Weren't they in the same space that became Con Huevos? I remember having some great meals there (despite the bite into a star anise pod by accident).
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 am

Steve Eslinger wrote:Thanks for this heads up. It makes me realize I had totally forgotten about Sari Sari. Weren't they in the same space that became Con Huevos? I remember having some great meals there (despite the bite into a star anise pod by accident).

You're welcome. Yes, Sari Sari was in the space that became Con Huevos. I love anise, but I do imagine a pod would be a bit intense! :shock:
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:28 am

That's wonderful news! I also miss Sari Sari, and will be watching for this opening, thank you!
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm

According to Facebook, the anticipated opening date is Aug. 27.

They have a website with a menu now: https://lolaskitchenky.com
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Wow, the menu looks astounding. The descriptions have me salivating...so many options for that first visit. I'm looking forward to getting to know Filipino cuisine, as my experience is limited to Sari Sari. Thanks for the update.
ETA:The descriptions sound great, but methinks the last row of pictures (look like stock) are a bit off. :wink: