Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Louisville Burger Week, coming right up!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am

News release ...

Louisville Burger Week Presented by The Kentucky Beef Council Passport Release Party Tonight

Louisville Burger Week Officially Starts Monday

The Kentucky Beef Council once again presents the Third Annual Louisville Burger Week, featuring $5 burgers across Louisville restaurants from July 22-28, 2019.

On Thursday July, 18 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm Goodwood Brewing will be hosting a free Passport Release kickoff event. Consumers will have their first chance to receive the Burger Week Passport, enjoy samples from Khalil’s, and win tickets to Hometown Rising, Bourbon & Beyond and Louder Than Life! The first 100 people will receive a Coopers Craft Swag Bag with $25 gift cards randomly inserted throughout! Goodwood Brewing will be offering their burger for only $5 during the kickoff event.

The official start to Louisville Burger Week begins Monday, 7/22. For seven days, burger lovers will once again have the opportunity to travel to participating Burger Week locations featuring $5 burgers to get their beefy burger love fulfilled. From gourmet blends to off-menu specialties as well as Goodwood beer pairings, Cooper’s Craft Bourbon specials and more - we will pay tribute to America’s sweetheart.

The idea is to get people to embrace the food and culture of Louisville while getting them out to try new places at a discounted rate. Think of it as a week of culinary tourism! Returning are the Burger Week Passports for participants to get stamped at participating locations throughout the week! Collect at least 4 stamps and be eligible for a very special grand prize drawing including a grill, and all the beef needed for an Ultimate Grill Out. The Louisville Slugger Best Burger of Burger Week award will also be rewarded to the favorite burger during the week as voted on by the consumers.

Portions of the restaurant participation fees will once again go to support Dare to Care.

2019 Official Participants: Butchertown Social, Brooke and Billy’s, Bubba’s 33, Corner Restaurant & Bar – Aloft Louisville, Derby City Gaming – Lil Wagner’s, Drake’s Paddock, Drake’s St. Matthew’s, Dundee Tavern, Fork and Barrel, Goodwood Brewing, Griffs, Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse, HopCat, The Hub Louisville, JB’s Pub, Khalil’s on Dixie, Mark’s Feed Store ( All Locations ), Molly Malone’s St. Matthews, Napa River Grill, O’Shea’s Irish Pub (Highlands only), Porch Kitchen & Bar, The Sports & Social Club, Stout Burgers & Beers, Sullivan’s Tap House and Macaron Bar (Dessert Burger).

Event Info:

o Passport Release Event at Goodwood Brewing Thursday, July 18 from 5:30 – 8:30 -- 36 E Main St

o Burger Week takes place July 22-28, 2019, $5 gourmet burgers

o Age: This is an all ages event. Some locations may be 21+

o Burger Passports: Collect 4 or more stamps to be entered for grand prize drawing.

o Social media promotion: Follow along on Instagram @louisvilleburgerweek

o RSVP to the Social Event Page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/584265502031286/

o $5 Burger Descriptions and restaurant information at www.louisvilleburgerweek.com
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Louisville Burger Week, coming right up!

by Joni L » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Did anyone take advantage of Burger Week tonight? If so, any reviews?

I cooked, so we stayed in but we'll definitely be trying at least 1-2 this week!
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:37 am

I've hit up two spots, Hopcat and Lil Wagners at Derby City Gaming.

Hopcat: It's basically a Big Mac, but if the Big Mac was made out of real meat and had more real meat to it. Really tasty bar-type burger.

Wagners: I have to admit to being really pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it was cooked well done (still juicy enough inside, so they must have used a really hot part of the element), so it had a little too much griddle char taste to it, but aside from that, it was really good. I would have preferred the peaches to be more of a chutney presentation rather than slices, but aside from that, it was really tasty too. I liked the Asian-inspired peach BBQ sauce, too. I could have used a side of that to dunk my fries into. In a lot of ways, the burger patty reminded me of cooking out over a gas grill, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So I'm 2/2 for enjoyable experiences.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:57 am

Napa River - double bacon cheeseburger slider.
IMG_9014.jpg
IMG_9014.jpg (114.95 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 am

Nice! And just $5!?