Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Latest dope on Shiraz.

no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Latest dope on Shiraz.

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Just got back from another splendid meal at Shiraz (the hummus and shish kabob were outstanding as usual) and picked up a little bit of the latest dope. And, NO, I do not mean the mind adultering kind. Too bad, huh?

I can't disclose any details, but it's my understanding that at least 2 more Shiraz's are in the works and the possibility of franchising seems probable. Don't quote me on any of this, it's just something I heard in casual conversation today at Shiraz. And, dammit, they were out of tadigh. I can never seem to get that anymore. You just need to be at the right one at the right time. Does anyone else become intoxicated by the enticing aroma of the wood they burn?

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

by NicoleC » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Please tell me that the words "Bardstown Road" were mentioned...
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Franchise

by Casey J. » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 am

I don't think they have any secret details. Ramin has been telling us they were going to open multiple locations and then try franchising, since he had his original place. Their goal is to keep a central kitchen and commissary that provides the essentials to all of the locations. That way he can maintain the quality that he is known for at his original stores.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Franchise

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:44 am

Casey J. wrote:I don't think they have any secret details. Ramin has been telling us they were going to open multiple locations and then try franchising, since he had his original place. Their goal is to keep a central kitchen and commissary that provides the essentials to all of the locations. That way he can maintain the quality that he is known for at his original stores.

That sounds very similar to the Gumbo A Go-Go/J. Gumbo's model. In theory it can work great, but in practice there are a lot of barriers. I hope Ramin maintains control ... as long as the owner is the only guy with his hands on the steering wheel, this can work. But take on investors who want to manage things, and the road can get bumpy in a hurry.