Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Buffets: Love 'em or hate 'em?

Hate 'em! Gross!
23%
Love 'em! All I can eat!
15%
Other (explain)
62%

Total votes : 13
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: All you can eat buffets: Gross or great?

by Alanna H » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I will say, the lunch buffet at Pizza Hut was my Shangri-La when I was young. Sadly, the disappearance of sit-down Pizza Hut restaurants and the implosion of PH's food quality has made that nothing more than a fond memory.

I would have gladly moved in and set up shop at Mr Gatti's buffet- NOT Gattiland- when they were still around. The only pizza I ever really enjoyed...*cries*
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I will say, the lunch buffet at Pizza Hut was my Shangri-La when I was young. Sadly, the disappearance of sit-down Pizza Hut restaurants and the implosion of PH's food quality has made that nothing more than a fond memory.

Curiously (or maybe not so curiously) the same could be said of KFC and Taco Bell. Let's see ... what could those restaurants all have in common? Oh, yeah. YUM. :twisted:
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am

Robin Garr wrote:

Curiously (or maybe not so curiously) the same could be said of KFC and Taco Bell. Let's see ... what could those restaurants all have in common? Oh, yeah. YUM. :twisted:

Oddly enough, I disagree on those two. While I don't eat there a ton, I think KFC's quality has recovered somewhat in recent years. And I've always been a huge fan of Taco Bell, as I continue to be.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 am

I get my fill of that experience at Hometown Pizza these days.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Oddly enough, I disagree on those two. While I don't eat there a ton, I think KFC's quality has recovered somewhat in recent years. And I've always been a huge fan of Taco Bell, as I continue to be.

Fair enough. I haven't been to KFC for years after giving up on it, so I'm not fully qualified to judge. As for Taco Bell ... mmm, crunchy! :lol: But my impression of the Bell is that it's diminished in quality. That doesn't mean that mmm, crunchy doesn't have its place in life.

I'm also curious to see how their supposed addition of an Impossible Beef option plays out.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:38 am

Alanna H wrote:

I would have gladly moved in and set up shop at Mr Gatti's buffet- NOT Gattiland- when they were still around. The only pizza I ever really enjoyed...*cries*

There is a Gatti's in Shepherdsville without the huge game room attached it has a very small game room that you have to almost look for to know it is there. We had lunch at this location after my Grandson's wee ball game last Saturday and I must say it was quite good
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote: I'm also curious to see how their supposed addition of an Impossible Beef option plays out.

Probably a subject for another thread, but I'm predicting that this "Impossible Beef" craze will be short-lived. A lot of what I'm seeing about this product gives me the impression you'd be better off just eating a Big Mac. Highly processed and full of unpronounceable chemicals is just as bad whether it's derived from animals or plants.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:06 am

I'm predicting that this "Impossible Beef" craze will be short-lived.

Agreed.

Highly processed and full of unpronounceable chemicals is just as bad whether it's derived from animals or plants

Agreed.
Previous