Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Colonial Gardens Update and New Restaurant Announced

by Joni L » Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi friends,

Here's some news on Colonial Gardens. Can't wait!
https://insiderlouisville.com/economy/c ... g-in-june/

Have a great day!
Joni
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Colonial Gardens Update and New Restaurant Announced

by Mark R. » Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm

It looks like it's going to be a nice place, too bad that matter government had to kick in $2.4 million to make it happen. That's about 50% of the total project cost.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

by meghan.levins » Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 am

Somewhere to eat and drink on the way back from hiking at Jefferson Memorial Forest?! I might take Taylor after all.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Mark R. wrote:It looks like it's going to be a nice place, too bad that matter government had to kick in $2.4 million to make it happen. That's about 50% of the total project cost.

I drove by there a few days ago and walked around a bit. Its sort of a compound with the old Colonial Gardens building serving as a centerpiece accompanied by 4 other banal looking buildings that will house some restaurants or whatever else.

I agree that $2.4 million is quite a sum, especially given the city's budget shortfall in light of the pension crisis. However, I think that it is worth it given the level of development it will engender in the compound itself, and hopefully in the surrounding area. In addition, Taco Luchadora was a good catch with drawing power.

All said, that stretch is quite nice thanks to the park, the adjoining parkway, and some of the businesses that are already present nearby. I feel that it is a fair use of public funds.
James J. Natsis